Gigabyte RTX 3080ti EAGLE waterblock / cables

Eldred

Greetings , i recently purchased the card in the title.
From the configurator i found out that the block i need to buy for it is this :

Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090/3080 Gaming/Eagle with Backplate​

but i have one very important question.

This block does not come along with the 8-pin flat to normal 8-pin connectors cables.
The Gaming OC and Eagle models of both the rtx 3080 and 3080ti when dissasembled have some weird flat 8-pin cables that connect to auxiliary normal 8-pin cables where u plug in your power.
I believe when installing any water block u remove that section of the card so u need to buy 8pin flat to 8pin normal one adaptors.
Can anyone confirm this? Do i also need to purchase said cables? Does Alphacool provide those cables? If not please say so in the description so people have everything they need to install the waterblock and plug the card and play.

Thanks in advance

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Do you have a picture of the cable? The cooler is designed so that you can start immediately after installation without having to purchase additional cables. If this were the case, it would also be mentioned in the item description.

Eldred

@Thomas_S
Those are the cables . The whole section of the gpu with the little black box with the extension cables gets removed to install the waterblock.
The default cables that are in the black box are hot glued inside that black box so i am afraid of trying and take them out by force so my guess is that i have to buy new ones.

There are some manufacturers of water blocks like Biksky that provide said cables with the waterblock but as far as i can see in your product you don't include them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Thank you for submitting the pictures. The cables can still be used. The cooler ends with the PCB and nothing stands in the way of the plug connection. The box belonging to the connector must be removed from the rack. After you have mounted the cooler & backplate, you must then place them freely. However, we do not offer a holder or mounting solution for this. But please do not mount it on the backplate, as we cannot give any information about the electrical conductivity of the box.