GPU block inlet/outlet question

diablozoll

Hello!
I built a full Alphacool custom loop and a few months later I started to have doubts whether I used the correct IN and OUT ports according to my water flow, The block is the following: Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acetal GPX-A Radeon RX 5700/5700XT Reference
(Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acetal GPX-A AMD Radeon RX 5700/5700XT Reference | AMD Fullsize | GPU Water Cooler | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company)

Also I would like to ask what is the difference in cooling performance between recommended flow or reverse flow in this block (when I use OUT as Inlet and vice-versa). Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0145 1_LI.jpg
    DSC_0145 1_LI.jpg
    858.4 KB · Views: 22

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @diablozoll

Your configuration is correct.
The flow rate is no longer as relevant with today's coolers as it was with the earlier flow coolers. Today's have a so-called nozzle plate with small, fine fins.
These can cope with a flow rate of 40-60 liters / hour without any problems. The direction of flow should, however, be observed, as otherwise the correct function of the nozzle plate is not guaranteed and the full cooling capacity is / would no longer be possible.

Best Regards