GPU custom loop advice on parts

Arke1

Hi,

I am looking into getting a custom loop for my 6900XT Red Devil.

I am a beginner, obviously from this post, and i dont want to do a hardline loop, just soft tubing.

Also, i have a Phanteks P500A, and i have enough spare fans already for the rad.

Are the following enough do you think?

• Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-A Radeon RX 6800(XT)/6900XT Red Devil with Backplate

• Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Acetal reservoir incl. 1x Alphacool Eispumpe VPP755 V.3

• Alphacool HF compression Fitting TPV - 12,7/7,6mm Straight - Black - 6pcs Kit

• Alphacool Eiszapfen 19/13mm compression fitting G1/4 X2

• Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm Radiator

• Alphacool Tubing AlphaTube HF 19/13 (1/2"ID) - Ultra Clear 3m (9,8ft)

• Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, here are a few questions, comments and suggestions for improvement:

1. the 12.7/7.6 TPV fittings will not fit in there if you want to generally fit your system with 19/13 tube & fittings. Then you should replace the 6-pack as follows:
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/fitt...m-compression-fitting-g1/4-deep-black-sixpack

Do you have a specific reason for wanting to go to this "large tube diameter"?

2) I would recommend a 360mm radiator if possible, because more cooling surface is available & you could run the fans at less rpm compared to the 240mm radiator (your system will be quieter).

3. take 2 bottles of coolant

4. a filling aid is advisable.

5. depending on the space available & tube path, I would order 2 more fittings with angle to be on the safe side. It would be stupid if the completion failed because of 2 missing connections ;-)