Helix 250 as inlet from reservoir .....

mongoled

Hi, I am looking for a solution, have my order ready to go but I cant find anything on the Aquatuning.de website to solve my problem.

Basically goes like this, I wish to use the Helix but want the reservoir to feed in from the top of the Helix while also using the top as a fill port.

The issue is that when the water comes in from the radiator if the water level of the reservoir is not 98% full you will be able to hear the water splashing into the reservoir.

The solution to this is to use a short pipe below the inlet such as shown in the picture below, but I can find such a thing on the website.

EK bundle this pipe with there multiport reservoir top products, but Alphacool no.

In the attached picture ive secured an old barb to simulate the tubing.

Hopefully a Alphacool representative will be able to point me to a product on the website.

Thanks

Attachments

• helix-res-top.jpg
    helix-res-top.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8

mongoled

Hello?

Do I really need to purchase this top just to get the tube ??

I reached out to Aquatuning.de via email and they said they had contacted those responsible for these forums

I have already contacted Alphacool about your post in their forum.

I am absolutely sure that Thomas or someone else from Alphacool will answer to your post shortly.

If you have any questions please contact us.

mongoled

Right, after loosing time over this I need an answer to a "simple" question

Can this

Be used with this

Thanks

mongoled

This getting rediculous.

Nothing in the documentation about what I have been asking about, however, ive found a reddit user that shows that the tube ive been asking about is included in with the reservoir

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/comments/74crjy
Ive spoke with Aquatuning.de and they dont know and no Alphacool representative has responded here as of yet.

So is the tube included or not ???

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
hi @mongoled, please excuse the fact that we have not yet replied. It's simply because some things in the exam also take more time, which is currently the case here. I'm working on it and as soon as I have feedback, I'll answer here. So please be patient a little longer ;-)

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
So, here I am again with all the info:
- You can't use the lid from Aquacomputer, it doesn't fit.
- We don't have a tube similar to the Eisbecher here - it wouldn't work either, because the helix in the reservoir blocks the way!
- We don't have a product for the Helix in our portfolio that you are looking for.

However, you can still implement your plan as the Helix reservoir has sufficient G1/4" outlets at the top and bottom. This allows access from the radiator and a fill port at the same time/next to each other. I hope that I was able to clarify all your questions! Many greetings

mongoled

Hi,

yes I understand I could use the other fill port options,

That user I linked above did have the tube included with the Helix so no idea whats going on there.

Think I will go with a different reservoir.

Thanks