How to clean gpu block 3090

L1GHTNING

Hello guys I have the eiswolf 2 with 3090 rog strix but I found kinda lot of corrusion inside there is any guide how to open/clean it? cuz its aio can I replace the water inside? hope some1 can help none in the area here can do any of that cuz they afraid also im gonna check again the thermal...

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
One question first: How old is your AiO? >2 years? If so, please contact our support team by email with meaningful pictures (info@alphacool.com).

For cleaning: Luckytriker has created a How-To here in the forum! @Luckystricker - could you please link your article here?

You can refill the liquid at the fill port of the radiator.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Thomas_S
@L1GHTNING

Natürlich verlinke ich die Beiträge.
Of course I link the posts.

This post is about dismantling the Eiswolf 2 unit from the GPU cooler. You would have to translate the text with the google translator.
Beitrag im Thema 'Aus zwei mach eins?'' schreiben
https://forum.alphacool.com/threads/aus-zwei-mach-eins.3315/post-21189

And here is the procedure for the GPU cooler itself.
Beitrag im Thema 'Reinigung eines GPU Block'' schreiben
https://forum.alphacool.com/threads/reinigung-eines-gpu-block.2978/post-19258

The important thing here is to always work calmly and not rush.

Best Regards

L1GHTNING

And one last question @Luckystricker because here at Greece the alphacool products (coolants) are out of stock any other alternative? Or any specific alphacool for eis 2 so I can look up at Amazon europe maybe I would find something sorry to bother you!

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @L1GHTNING

No problem, that's what the forum is here for.
Your Welcome

Of course, any clear liquid that is suitable for PC water cooling is best, of course Alphacool recommends the Tec Protect 2, Apex Liquid Eco, if necessary / for a short time also the Pure Water.
If no liquids are currently available from Alphacool in your case, then it could also be liquids from EKWB or Mayhems.

In an absolute case, you can also use distilled water for a short time, but it is best not to use it for several months. Since the distilled water absorbs ions from the copper over time and thus becomes like normal water.

Best Regards

L1GHTNING

Hi @L1GHTNING

Unfortunately, I don't know for sure. But it should be about 200-300 ml.
With 1 liter of liquid you are on the safe side if you have to fill up.

Best Regards
Well guys! Good news.. Stirilized water for now to check any leaks till new case/liquid coolant arrive just some bubbles cuz maybe of natural flow of water inside block it was actually easy what do u think mate

Attachments

• 29C327FF-B73C-4042-965D-8377EE0E8528.jpeg
    29C327FF-B73C-4042-965D-8377EE0E8528.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 24880A3D-60F5-42B9-BEF9-2C1151880816.jpeg
    24880A3D-60F5-42B9-BEF9-2C1151880816.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 5
  • FCFE1BEA-6CF4-4393-ACDB-FFF7438F5CF6.jpeg
    FCFE1BEA-6CF4-4393-ACDB-FFF7438F5CF6.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 5

L1GHTNING

But I noticed I let a drop of water between block u can see on left close to pump I will reopen when case etc will arrive and heat it all before its not leaking but just in case after sometime maybe it will leak there
Edit: cuz I couldn't sleep I just desample it and used a lot of paper and clean it 100% now its total clear without any water appearing 😂

Last edited:

L1GHTNING

@Thomas_S / @Luckystricker its ok if my waterblock got 2-3 small bubbles? Or any way to remove somewhere I heard that I have to move the gpu around so it will relocated or should unmount the radiator and remove the screw and wait to relocate thanks!

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @L1GHTNING

A few small air bubbles are not tragic for the cooling performance.
You can move the case or the graphics card back and forth a little while the pumps are running. Or lightly tap the plexi cover with your finger. This could loosen the air bubbles so they float further.

Best Regards