I'm upgrading

hiddensong

My question is that if I purchase a larger rad (starting from 240 going to 360) can I simply install the hoses into either of the ports or does hot and cool need to be specific? And if they do is this somehow labeled on the rad? Going from an Eisbaer AIO 240 to either ST30 360 or XT30 360.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It doesn't matter how you connect the radiator. There is no specific IN or OUT for a radiator. So it doesn't matter how you connect it. The only important thing is that you do not use the fill port. This is the single connection that is found all by itself on one side. It's really only for venting or filling. On the side where the ports are, you only have to use one side for the input and the other side for the output. The water flows in a U-shape through the radiator.

hiddensong

It doesn't matter how you connect the radiator. There is no specific IN or OUT for a radiator. So it doesn't matter how you connect it. The only important thing is that you do not use the fill port. This is the single connection that is found all by itself on one side. It's really only for venting or filling. On the side where the ports are, you only have to use one side for the input and the other side for the output. The water flows in a U-shape through the radiator.
Hey, thanks Eddy! I figured it was that way. The pump moves the liquid and the fact that the liquid moves through the fins and heat is carried away via air doesn’t matter on fluid direction. Just wanted to be sure before accidentally possibly melting my rig. Thanks again