Is the alphacool lt solo the same pump as used in the alphacool lt 240 aio

Cyber MageKnight

im slowly working toward a fully water cooled formd t1 i just got my aio but i rewatched the guide video that shows how to do it and it mentions a lt 240 and it mentions a pump called an lt solo are they one and the same or is the pump that comes with the lt 240 aio just as good or what

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Cyber MageKnight

The LT Solo and LT 240 are actually the same product. The LT 240 is a pre-filled AIO with a 240mm radiator. The LT Solo is just the CPU cooler unit with the pump, without the radiator. The built-in pump is called DC-LT 2600, it is very compact and is sufficient for smaller circuits. Let's say CPU and 1-2 radiators. However, this is too weak for a large circuit such as CPU, 1-2 GPUs, 2 radiators and a Reservoir.

Best Regards

Last edited:

Cyber MageKnight

i been told the gpu added in is too much for the dc lt pump but the video i watched uses the same lt solo for both the cpu and the gpu which is the rtx 2080 ti with it fixed to an undervolt of 1860 mhz @ 868 mv in a room with ambient temp at 22 c but the cpu i want to use is an amd 5950x or an 3950x i dont care which i use cause both are 16 core but i would prefer the 5950x however then video shows the i9-9900ks which is 8 core an 16threads but its tdp is 127w but the 5950x is 105w tdp will the lt solo work with the rtx 2080 ti (undervolted) and the 105 tdp 5950x i may have to throw in compression fittings and things to complete the loop but will the lt 240 radiator and pump work with these two peices in the same loop without an extra radiator or stronger pump the tdp capacity rating for the lt 240 is 350w with stock fans and 250w on fans not running max

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
2 coolers and one radiator or 1 cooler and 2 radiators are ok for a DC-LT. But to try to cool a 2080TI with a 5950X.... good luck. You fans will have to run with very high rpm to cool this down.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
PC at home: 1950X, 64GB Ram, 2080TI, 32" UWHQD + 27, Alphacool water cooling <- i am cooling that with a 360mm radiator and it is not possible in anyway to cool this in a quiet way under full load. And yes, the 1950X has more TDP than the 5950x but the differences are not so much in real life. I would never try to cool a 5950X and a 2080TI with only a slim 240mm radiator in a small case with bad airflow.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yes, thats not a problem. Its only because the 2080TI has also over 250W wate of heat and with 100W of the CPU its too much for a 240 mm radiator. It would be also able to cool only the 2080TI with a 240mm radiator. Only both together.... too much. If you have no problems with a noisy system with fans wich are running with .... hm... maybe 1500-1800 rpm (depends on the fans) you can cool both together if you dont need the best temperatures. Its only my personally opinion that this is too much noise and the reason why it makes no real sense. I mean... i think you want a more quiet system if you switch to water cooling.....