Is the Cooler Master Hyper H412R really better than the Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 ?!

goldman18

No of course not, but i suspect due to user error that the reason my cooler is not sufficiently cooling my 5950 sufficiently, to the point it shuts down. Ive slapped a H412R on there as an interim and its actually cooling better than day one of the LT360! Im hoping its user error.
Until now for the last 3 years its ran hot but tops out at 90s, recently however temps have creeped and there have been no changes.
For perspective im running this in a FDesign Define 7 XL so theres plenty of cooling.

Question is from the photo can you see if i have maybe connected the hoses up wrong, or suggest a fix? the pump runs ~2500 so it seems to be working, just not well enough.

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 5

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

as shown in the manual you should turn the Eisbaer LT by 90° for a optimal cooling. Since you wrote your Eisbaer LT is 3 years did you maintanance your sytem? When the pump is running but the heat is not transfered correctly it is mostly the case that the copper plate is clogged and you have to clean the system.

goldman18

Thank you for the advise.
This is the first Alphacool product i have had, so unless its in the manual i dont know about it.
So the your comment about rotating the cooler 90 degrees, can you help me out with pointing to where that is in the manual please? see attached for the manual (apparently too big so here is the link) .

Concerning maintaining the system, again if its not in the manual i wont know, this is the second AIO i have ever owned and the first was a corsair unit that didnt need maintainance apparently. So if you can help me out by referring me to where it states such in the manual i would be super appreciative 🙏

Thank you

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

Maintanance is not stated in the manual, since it is optional. Alternative you can also replace the AIO, like the AIO´s from other manufactures. Every water cooling system, this includes AIO, should be maintanance and refilled or cleaned if necessary. It´s like a car. There you have also to refill and replace the oil and cooling liquid.

regarding the position of the water block it is shown in the manual.
1698826886655.png