Is this oxidization on my new Eisbaer LT92 AIO radiator a cause for concern?

chrondor

I recently ordered an Eisbaer LT92 AIO CPU cooler from Titan Rig off of Amazon which was delivered earlier today. When I opened up the package to inspect the cooler I noticed what appears to be a small amount of oxidization near the area where one of the barb tubes connects to the radiator. It has me a little concerned since this is my first AIO and I don't have any experience with them yet; I've only read about them online and watched YouTube videos about them. I'm not sure if the oxidization in that area is a sign of a possible manufacturing defect that could be causing a slow leak leading to minor oxidization, or if it could be something as simple as minor oxidization caused by some cooling liquid spillage when the loop was originally filled. If it is due to a defect, I'm worried that it could leak into my system if I hook it up and start running it.
I hope someone with some more experience than I can provide some insight as to whether this is something I may want to consider returning/exchanging or if I'm simply overthinking it and making a mountain out of a molehill.
See photos for details.
Thanks

Attachments

• LT92 AIO oxidization1.jpg
    LT92 AIO oxidization1.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 15
  • LT92 AIO oxidization2.jpg
    LT92 AIO oxidization2.jpg
    927 KB · Views: 15
  • LT92 AIO oxidization3.jpg
    LT92 AIO oxidization3.jpg
    963.6 KB · Views: 15

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi This looks that this area wasn´t painted correctly and the copper got wet and air. This will cause the verdigris on the copper. This is not bad and a naturally protection from the copper. If it is still concerns you, contact your reseller regarding a replacment.