Just ordered an Eiswolf 2.0 kit. Should I get new thermal pads?

mycaddy97

Hey Guys,

I just ordered an Eiswolf 2.0 AIO for my Rog Strix 3090. Should I order some extra thermal pads for this? It seems alphacool doesnt supply the correct ones no matter what 3090 is being used? Am I off base here?

Thanks for any help!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, basically we supply the right pads! Ultimately, it is often due to Nvidia's package problem with the 3XXX series. (often different tolerances in the heights of the components, see the article from IgorsLab!) Whether your card is affected by this can only be seen after the initial installation of the water cooler by looking at the imprints on the heat conduction pads. If they do not fit, contact our support team by email (info@alphacool.com) and they will send you the right thermal pads free of charge.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
For some time now, our AIOs have been delivered with 7W/mk pads. I don't like to compare us with our competitors, or at least not at all ;-) In a test, IgorsLab named our pads the price/performance winner. I think that says a lot! ;-) Here is the article, in case you don't know it yet: