Loop expansion advice, from Eiswolf 2 AIO

DirtyTT

Hi,

I recently purchased Eiswolf 2 AIO and it works great on my 3090, this has kinda made me curious to add my CPU into the same loop as it had quick-connect fittings on it.
However, I am very new to water-cooling and the fittings/tubing sizes, compatible fluids... etc confuse me greatly.

Could you advise me on what I need to get to add Alphacool Eisbaer (Solo) to the loop( fittings, fluid, tubes, something else)? Is there some other better option?
Additionally, how would I fill it, as the GPU loop is already full, do I need to match the liquids, or just connect it up and start filling it up with any liquid from αcool store?

Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I would recommend more radiator space if you like to add a CPU. Because the 3090 has a lot of waste of heat. Which CPU do you have?

DirtyTT

I would recommend more radiator space if you like to add a CPU. Because the 3090 has a lot of waste of heat. Which CPU do you have?
I have a 3800x but want to upgrade to 5900x in the future. However, my case phantex p400 does not support any additional rad mounts. I have a eiswolf in the front and the top mount is blocked by my memory modules.
Would a 360 rad really not be enough, I do not do anything besides gaming or occasional video editing on it? I can even rig it up for push pull with plenty of airflow.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Well... if you want to have it silent and with good temperatures, no, one 360 is not enough. 3090 has peak ~ 400W waste of heat. 5900X is really worse to cool and also with over 100W waste of heat. For a good cooling performance we recomend not more than 120-150W waste of heat for each 120mm radiator space. So 450W for one 360mm Radiator.
Sure, you can also cool down over 2000W with one 360mm radiator, but you will need fans with more than 3000rpm.

So yes... you can cool CPU and GPU with one 360mm radiator but you have to decide.... less noice and less cooling performance, or high noise and high cooling performance.
How many space do you have between Rams and top? Cant belive that Phanteks was so stupid to make a case with an very oldschool layout.

DirtyTT

Well... if you want to have it silent and with good temperatures, no, one 360 is not enough. 3090 has peak ~ 400W waste of heat. 5900X is really worse to cool and also with over 100W waste of heat. For a good cooling performance we recomend not more than 120-150W waste of heat for each 120mm radiator space. So 450W for one 360mm Radiator.
Sure, you can also cool down over 2000W with one 360mm radiator, but you will need fans with more than 3000rpm.

So yes... you can cool CPU and GPU with one 360mm radiator but you have to decide.... less noice and less cooling performance, or high noise and high cooling performance.
How many space do you have between Rams and top? Cant belive that Phanteks was so stupid to make a case with an very oldschool layout.

As you can see from the pictures the ram is about 6.5 cm away while the vrm heatsink is about 3.5cm. The issue is that in the proper position it is even hard to get a 140mm fan mounted.
I currently have a 280mm aio but again it is mounted with 1/3 of the fins so far to the side that they are obscured by the solid section of the upper case.
The thermals are OK but again I am looking for something cleaner.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210705-182453_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210705-182453_Gallery.jpg
    908.4 KB · Views: 12
  • SmartSelect_20210705-182441_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210705-182441_Gallery.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 13
  • SmartSelect_20210705-182432_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210705-182432_Gallery.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SmartSelect_20210705-182425_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210705-182425_Gallery.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 11

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
So as i can see, you have ~ 58mm space. Enough for an Eisaber LT AIO. They have a 25mm thick radiator. Fans are also 25mm thick so 50mm in total. I would recommend to use an Eisbaer LT 240mm or 360mm for the CPU. You can also connect it together with the Eiswolf 2 AIO.

NUKEM@LL

i have got to say, the wife got me a 3090fe aio cooler for my birthday. i was looking in to it and was not sure if it was a good idea. now fitted and working, i have got to say wow best mod i have ever done. metal back plate needs some adjustments as now cannot remove ram with out removing the gpu. but gpu now does not go above 49°c it was running at 75°c. i did wonder about the best position to mount the rad due to the fact my case only has 1 360mm rad slot (on the front) and was not sure if flow and return should be top or bottom. so fitted with f and r at the bottom. i was looking at doing the same adding my cpu to the same loop but adding another 120mm rad would this work. i currently have a corsair h100x cooling my I7 11700, what would be involved as do not want to cause a problem. thanks for the advice. guys i would 100% recommend the iao cooler

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
was not sure if flow and return should be top or bottom
The optimum would be with the connections on the floor. But it is also no problem if they are at the top. The only important thing is that part of the radaitor is at a higher position than the radiator with the pump, then everything is fine.
So another CPU cooler and another radiator will not be able to cope with the Eiswolf pump. You would need an Eisbaer Solo and then have to buy the radiator, hoses and liquid, connect everything together and fill it. Unfortunately, we do not offer an Eisbaer AIO with a 120mm radiator, as the market for 120mm AIOs is simply too small.
My personal opinion.... that's a lot of effort, I wouldn't do it.