My Eiswolf needs help

VR Studio

I have got used Eiswolf'ed 2080 ti and recently it's getting very unreliable - sometimes flow stops completely and GPU might get very hot. Sometimes pump is getting very loud and sometimes it stops silently. Usually you need to shake the system to "jumpstart" it. https://youtu.be/retjdz22bPU

I refilled the system through the radiator several times, I changed the position of the radiator several times as well. For now it looks like nothing really changes - system is running well 20-ish hours until it needs the next "shaking session".

At first I wanted to reinstall the OG air cooling, but it's a real problem to find the backplate. Then I wanted to replace the pump, but looks like it's not so easy to refill the system without second pump and reservoir, which is going to cost me almost as a new Eiswolf 2.

So I checked new Eiswolf 2 and looks like it doesn't even have backplate AND it's incompatible with old Eiswolf's backplate. But I'm not sure - Is it correct?

So finally I decided to buy Eisbaer and connect two pumps in one loop. So maybe it might make my system more stable? But looks like the Eisbaer I got in local store is not compatible with AM4 socket and I have to order the bracket from Alphacool, which gonna cost me a fortune because of shipping cost. So it looks like I'm gonna return Eisbaer to the store.

So I don't know, guys, what would you recommend? I'm so lost and would appreciate your advice

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, thanks for your message. The Eiswolf does not need to be shaken to work! Can you please write an email to our support (info@alphacool.com) and link to this thread. It would be helpful if you could send one or two pictures of your setup!

VR Studio

Hi, thanks for your message. The Eiswolf does not need to be shaken to work! Can you please write an email to our support (info@alphacool.com) and link to this thread. It would be helpful if you could send one or two pictures of your setup!
I've got very nice soultion to fill up the system. I did that before I create this thread, and as I already told, it didn't work. So I need more than temporal fix: I want to be sure that my system is stable without constant supervising.