Need help with a custom water loop

HOGEYE

I have a asus rog z11 case with a i7-13700kf, a asus geforce rtx 4070 ti tuf, the i7 is water cooled with a AIO at the moment.
Would like a fool custom water loop in this Build but have never done any sort og custom water cooling i know i need a reservoir with a pump since im sure a custom reservoir for this case is pretty hard, dont know which pump reservoir i need for this kinda build, im tottaly open to tips hand specs
Thx

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

for a full custom loop I can recommend following components for a sufficient and silent system.
2x https://shop.alphacool.com/shop/rad...l-nexxxos-st30-full-copper-360mm-radiator-v.2

For each components you will need 2 fittings. In this case you will need 10 fittings. If you will need straight or angled ones has to be check by yourself.

If you don´t have fans for the radiators, I would recommend following ones.
6x https://shop.alphacool.com/shop/lue...acool-rise-aurora-120-mm-luefter-120x120x25mm

HOGEYE

Do you think a single 240 rad could do the job with both i7 and the rtx 4070? Or what would you recommend, thx so much for the help so far

Ps a game alot on this pc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809-083217-753.png
    Screenshot_20230809-083217-753.png
    406.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can cool it, but it will be anything but a silent system. Under load, you will have to turn the fans up.

HOGEYE

You can cool it, but it will be anything but a silent system. Under load, you will have to turn the fans up.
Right now a have a intake fan on the bottom of the case, if a put a 120 rad and connect it too the 240 rad loop would that be a good idea since im removing the intake fan, i still have 2 140mm fans at the top for exhaust(cant put a rad on top dosent fit for the design sadly)

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You'll have to try it out. However, I see completely different problems in this housing. Where should the reservoir go? Where the pump? The enclosure is tiny and a very poor choice for a DIY water cooling system. It will be a tricky task to get everything in there and to connect the hoses.

HOGEYE

You'll have to try it out. However, I see completely different problems in this housing. Where should the reservoir go? Where the pump? The enclosure is tiny and a very poor choice for a DIY water cooling system. It will be a tricky task to get everything in there and to connect the hoses.
Have seen it done before, but with a smaller gpu and cpu im just wondering if the 120 plus the 240 is enough for the both not to overheat, im pretty sure i can make it work with pump and all that just dont know if it will cool enough

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Should work. I have cooled 500W in a PC with one 360mm radaitor. Fans with 1200rpm, not silent but it was ok. But the case had a very good airflow. Temperatures of CPU and GPU was ok, not nice, but ok.

HOGEYE

Should work. I have cooled 500W in a PC with one 360mm radaitor. Fans with 1200rpm, not silent but it was ok. But the case had a very good airflow. Temperatures of CPU and GPU was ok, not nice, but ok.
Thx alot for the help, will try it out soon, hoping it can work out