Need water cooling advise for my PC building

fireburst

Hi There,

I'm gonna build my pc with purchasing some alphacool product. And I want to get some help.

CPU: 11900K (I ordered, but not quite sure the real power consumption, I guess a little bit higher than 10900K)
Cases: Asus ROG Helios
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 3090 OC *2 (Vertical mount with two riser cables)

1. Is there any suggestion what alphacool water cooling product combination will works for my PC? It's better I could get a full shoping list : )
  2. Is it possible for to mount a 420 rads in the front of Helios, meanwhile, mounting a 360 rads (alphacool product or ASUS CPU AIO) on the top of the case? Room conflict?
  3. Since there is no Strix 3090 AIO, do I need another pump rather than eisbaer? Or only one D5 pump could drive 1 CPU + 2 GPU?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
1. Sure, don`t see any problems.
2. No idea, sorry, we dont check cases for compatiblity. There are a few thousend different cases on the market. ;-)
3. With 2x GPUs... you will need a D5 or DDC pump. The pump from the Eisbaer is too weak for two further cooler. But one of those pumps will be enough.

fireburst

1. Sure, don`t see any problems.
2. No idea, sorry, we dont check cases for compatiblity. There are a few thousend different cases on the market. ;-)
3. With 2x GPUs... you will need a D5 or DDC pump. The pump from the Eisbaer is too weak for two further cooler. But one of those pumps will be enough.

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for you reply, I made 3 solutions below.

1. Could you please help to advise which is better?
  2. For the front and top, should I choose ST30 X-flow version? or Normal ST30 V.2 version? What's the differences between X-flow and V.2?

1616412721166.png

davido_labido

All 3 of those loops will work fine, but the 140 Radiator would be the coolest based on surface area.

The loop order won't make a difference as long as the reservoir is before the pump (which is the case in all your pictures)

X-Flow radiators have one port at the top, one at the bottom. so this can hep reduce the amount of tubing needed and also keep the build cleaner.

So, in this example, the red lines would be a standard radiator, it would just have ports at the top so the tubing would have to drop down to both the GPU and the reservoir. You could go into the top of the reservoir to keep it cleaner though.

The alternative is the green lines, which would be representative of an X-flow radiator. As the tube can come straight from the bottom, it negates the need for the longer tube from the top.
p310ylD.png

In terms of performance of a X-Flow compared to a standard V2 radiator, the differences are negligable.

fireburst

Considering there are 2 GPUs vertical mounted, should I use parallel or series connection between these 2 GPUs? Any differences?