nVidia 4090 Founders Edition and single slot waterblock (ES?)

Vatharian

Hello!
I have workstation motherboard, and I am in dire need of having access to all of the PCI-Express slots.
I had my finger firmly over "buy" button for the 4090 ES Reference Design block, until I noticed dreaded "is not compatible with FE".

Two questions:
1. Is it complete incompatibility, like doesn't line up at all, or some minor thing like one of the screw holes not lining up perfectly or PCB sticks out on one side?
2. In case of total incompatibility what are my other options here? One of the things I also need is single slot bracket, as I need to stick network card next to GPU.

I don't care much about sag, as my case has motherboard lying flat, so GPU is standing up vertically.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

the 4090 FE is using a custom design, which is not compatible with the reference water block for the Reference design.

For your GPU we are only offering following water blocks.

Vatharian

HI,

the 4090 FE is using a custom design, which is not compatible with the reference water block for the Reference design.
This is kind of sad. Not gonna lie, I LOVE the design of ES block and its functionality.

I'm going to pass on Eiswolf, since I already have functional loop (it's using Aurora block with different terminal anyway, am I right?).

The Auora and Core blocks - does any of these clear next PCI-e slot?
Do they come with PCI-e cover bracket?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi the Aurora and Core water blocks are a 2 slot PCI solution and they are coming with a own i/O Bracket. The Eiswolf is just a Eisblock Aurora water block with the Eiswolf 2 Terminal. What do you mean with "PCI-e cover bracket"?

Vatharian

Hi the Aurora and Core water blocks are a 2 slot PCI solution and they are coming with a own i/O Bracket. The Eiswolf is just a Eisblock Aurora water block with the Eiswolf 2 Terminal. What do you mean with "PCI-e cover bracket"?
PCI-e bracket - the piece of metal that covers the slot opening in the back of the case, where HDMI and DP outputs are. I actually didn't know if there is proper name for this part in English, and you're calling it I/O bracket, so it's that, I apologize for the confusion.

It's a shame it's two slots wide. It seems I'm going to loose a slot anyway :C

Most likely you can't answer that, but I'm going to ask anyway:
- What are the chances of you releasing the ES block modified for the FE?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

The chance for a ES Version are very low. We are producing the ES Water blocks only when there is a demand from our enterprise customer. Until now there is no demand for this GPU.

Vatharian

I understand.

Well, it's either I have to swap my card for iChill one or unfortunately find different block :(

Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it.

audiometh

Hi,

The chance for a ES Version are very low. We are producing the ES Water blocks only when there is a demand from our enterprise customer. Until now there is no demand for this GPU.
i have a 4090 FE and would also like this ES block. just saying.

Vatharian

So there are at least two customers. You have demand!

Jokes aside, I was forced to use PCI-Express flexible riser to detach the GPU from confines of typical slot placement. My case has 10 total PCI slots, so I was able to mount it below motherboard. Not ideal, but there was no other workaround.

PierceJensenn

Hello!
I have workstation motherboard, and I am in dire need of having access to all of the PCI-Express slots.
I had my finger firmly over "buy" button for the 4090 ES Reference Design block, until I noticed dreaded "is not compatible with FE".
Speed Test
Two questions:
1. Is it complete incompatibility, like doesn't line up at all, or some minor thing like one of the screw holes not lining up perfectly or PCB sticks out on one side?
2. In case of total incompatibility what are my other options here? One of the things I also need is single slot bracket, as I need to stick network card next to GPU.

I don't care much about sag, as my case has motherboard lying flat, so GPU is standing up vertically.
i have a 4090 FE and would also like this ES block. just saying.

Last edited: