Order 30119406

conradportelli

Hi there I had to take apart my gpu block to clean it and when putting it back together one single screw would not thread back in as the hole is stripped. I have no idea how this happened as I carefully removed the screws and did not over tighten them at all. How can I get this fixed ?

Attachments

• 20210117_205945.jpg
    20210117_205945.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210117_205929.jpg
    20210117_205929.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 8

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
And what should we do know? You have obviously damaged the thread in some way. This means that the radiator is effectively defective.

conradportelli

And what should we do know? You have obviously damaged the thread in some way. This means that the radiator is effectively defective.
Are you seriously accusing me of damaging the thread? I'm sorry but I have been a technician for years and work at one of the best repair shops in Ontario, canada! The problem is with the screws provided with the block they barely reach the threads in the hole. If your products aren't meant to be cleaned you shouldn't be selling them! I have never had a problem like this with any other brand ! So you OBVIOUSLY make an inferiour product!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
No manufacturer gives a warranty on it if you disassemble the cooler. Whole simple. Of course, you can always file an RMA and hope for goodwill, but it definitely does not fall under a warranty case.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If something is damaged during disassembly, you can try to make a warranty claim out of it. We don't forbid it, but if something is damaged in the process, it's not a warranty case. EVGA also officially allows the disassembly of the air cooler in order to build a water cooler on top. But if you damage the graphics card in the process, EVGA is not responsible for that either.

conradportelli

Obviously if its blatant damage it would not be covered. But just removing screws should not damage a waterblock unless the screws are not long enough to actually grip the thread properly... I have already tested using longer screws and the threads deeper in the hole will catch the screw. The threads on the top of the hole are the ones that are damaged

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
How long exactly is the screw that was mounted from our side? If it was the wrong screw, then of course the fault lies with us, no question.

conradportelli

So a couple things ... the screws are 1.8 cm long and they should be about 2 cm long at least I have gone ahead and cut down some longer screws I had with a dremel and made my own longer screws which have worked out wonderfully no leaks! Now the reason I say screws is because upon taking them out for the second time two more screws have stripped the top of the mounting holes when they were removed ... honestly I have it all back together now and it's working so I don't think I need to make a claim unless you think this could have been a manufacturing defect .. this waterblock is one of the first ones you guys made since it was a requested one by members of this forum ... I gotta say I did not like being accused of damaging the block ? simply removing screws should not damage the block thats crazy! With custom water cooling parts which need to be cleaned ... my advice ...use the proper length screws! You will definitely hear from me if I notice anything else

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210119-202011_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210119-202011_Photos.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 7