Proper cabling addressable RGB header.

Uranius

Today is my birthday. The present that is promised is the Eisblock Aurora for the Asus RX 6800 XT TUF when it is available in the US or where I live in Canada.
I have a very complicated build using a Tower 900 case and an Asus Crosshair VIII Formula. I intend to connect the RGB connector directly to and aRGB header on the motherboard. Alternatively I could connect it to a Thermaltake Sync controller which currently controls RGB for my pump/reservoirs.
Can I use this cable, instead of the recommended one with three connectors? Alphacool RGB 4pol LED adapter cable for mainboards 50cm - black
Thank you.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Happy birthday :)

We will get the cooler back in shortly. However, I cannot tell you when the resellers in the USA will be supplied with it. But I would expect 2-3 weeks.

Caution... 4-pin RGB is not compatible with 3-pin aRGB. 4-Pin RGB runs with 12V, if you connect aRGB here, the LEDs will burn out because they only run with 5V. Also, from a technical point of view, there is a huge difference between aRGB and RGB.

Therefore, please use the 3-pin connector of your motherboard and not the RGB Thermaltake controller. This is only for RGB and can not control aRGB.

Uranius

So the cable I chose is correct. I just need to use the 5v addressable header. I have two of them. Thanks.
I have bought the majority of components, probably $2000, from Performance PCs in the US.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Correct.... 2000 is a lot for a PC. But well.... if you need performance you have to pay more :)