Pump DDC 310 Failed

masaqre

Hello,
I bought on 02.08.2019 Eissturm Hurricane Copper 45 2x120mm - Komplettset on computerxtreme.de
I mounted and I had good performance, it looks like a real hurricane.
Some month ago, Pump begin to fail, the pump not start when I push the power button pc.. it has a delay about 30 seconds.. later 1 minut.. and it starts.
But now could be about 15 minuts to start..
I unmounted, and I clean all system and seems to work again, but one week later I have same problem.
I tried to contact seller but I have no reply.
I writte with pictures and video to info@alphacool.com but I need to make the RMA urgently

I need to RMA pump Laing DDC 310.

Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you wrote to info@alphacool.com with all pics and info, they will help you. Without pics or anything, hard to say what the fault was.

If you bought in a german shop..... well... you can also write here in german ;-)

masaqre

I can't write in german because I don't understand it, i'm from spain.
I can post images and video if you want , but still waiting the response by email

masaqre

Hello,
In this video, I turn on and the pump finally starts after 2 o 3 attemps..
https://streamable.com/ra5vvl
In this other video, I turn on at second 0:01 and the pump never starts..
https://streamable.com/lsxu6u

Also, the reservoir has little scratches that is making liquid losing..

Attachments

• Captura3.JPG
    Captura3.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Captura4.JPG
    Captura4.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Captura1.JPG
    Captura1.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Captura2.JPG
    Captura2.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 8

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Thank you for the photos and videos. Have you bought the products directly from us? If yes i need you to write an email to info@alphacool.com . Please do not forget to include the photos and videos to your email. We will replace the products asap. Thank you.

masaqre

I bought from online store that isn't giving to me any help and any reply.. is for that I need to get support from you, manufacturer.
I wrote monday to info@alphacool.com but I have any reply

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
We are not the manufacturer of this pump we are only distributing it here in Europe. The manufacturer is Xylem/Laing (just for your unformation).

masaqre

I'm not english speaking, maybe this isn't the correct word.. but only for your information, is the last time that I trust in Alphacool. I spend 200€ on this complete kit and one piece that is 50€ failed after 1 year and I'm not getting any support from you, you don't reply my emails asking for RMA, also online store didn't reply any query about RMA. I feel fustrated

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @masaqre

Did you also check your spam folder, sometimes the answers end up there.
Due to the lockdown, many employees are at home, so it can take a while for an answer to come.
Of course, it is annoying if parts break after a year, there can be many reasons for this. That should not mean that it is defective by Alphacool or by the end customer (you & I), but also by the manufacturer himself (DDC310 is from Laing).
By that I mean, if I make 100 products, not all 100 products can withstand the same length or the same amount (material differences, different storage, different transport, and even more).
You bought your kit via computerextreme.de, if you have already done an RMA there and they do not report or acknowledge it, it is very annoying.
I think that a solution can be found there.

Best Regards

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
but only for your information, is the last time that I trust in Alphacool. I spend 200€ on this complete kit and one piece that is 50€ failed after 1 year and I'm not getting any support from you, you don't reply my emails asking for RMA,
You need to contact your reseller regarding the RMA. We are not the maufacturer of this pump.

masaqre

I had to open a dispute with European Consumer Center, and NOW the seller reply my emails... do you believe? They only offers 6 months to prove that the item is ok, They said textually "Warranty you become only from Manufacturer, never from Merchant. So, normally you must go to Alphacool" they only offer to me that send the complete kit for sending to Alphacool, like a mediator. What a joke. Complete kit why? It's only the pump.

@Luckystricker there is nothing in my spam folder, the last email from info@alphacool they said that I can pay the shipping cost for RMA, but later never reply my emails, is for that I started to writte in this forum.
I writte in this forum because are similar people with similar problems, and they offer RMA without problems..

When I buy something on Amazon, or spanish online store, I can make and RMA on Europe with companies like Logitech, Kingston, Creative, Asus, and many more, the online store send to contact the manufacturer regardless if the materials are from china.

I don't know why is very hard to find a solution here.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @masaqre

What, WTF.
I don't know the law and justice perfectly either. But if I buy a dishwasher from us, for example, in an electronics store, and then I have one defective, then I'll go back to the store with it. And then they have to send it to the manufacturer. But there are differences: some shops only need the defective device and others need the complete product with accessories and packaging.
Maybe they lost the processing of your email. At the moment, many have to stay at home.

Best Wishes

davido_labido

Hi @masaqre.

It seems that there might be some problems with translations and miscommunication here, so I will try and help out and clear it up.

This is how the process is meant to work:

1) Anyone with problems is meant to return to the place that it is ordered, so the merchant. In the EU, this is usually up to 2 years from the date of purchase, but there are some ways this does not work.

2) if the merchant fails to help you, then you contact the manufacturer. Even though we do not manufacturer the pump ( Xylem/Laing does) in this circumstance, we are the manufacturer as it is our kit and our product.

3) You email info@alphacool.com with the receipt or proof of purchase, we will start an RMA and you must send the product to our RMA center, this is in Germany. At the moment, we are VERY busy, we have a lot of staff out of the office due to snow storms, illness and covid guidelines, so emails are taking a lot longer to be replied to than usual.
<---- this is where we are now

4) we recieve the faulty product and test it

5) we send a replacement out to you

6) everyone is happy - YAY!

I understand point 3 is where we are up to now. You have emailed info@alphacool.com but so far you have not had a reply. I can only ask you either to be patient or try and email again just in case it didn't come through to us. Also as luckystricker said, please do check your spam folder. We can't currently deal with RMA via the forums.

Usually, everything is meant to be sent as that is classed as one product, or SKU, however we understand that this can be annoying, especially in the case of the kit. If you explain to the RMA representative your position however, it might be that they can send just a pump in return, rather than the whole kit, especially as we know the circumstances and can see how frustrating it would be in this instance.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to @ me and I will try my best to get it resolved with you, don't worry, you're not being ignored and we will help you out as soon as we can, our team is just very stretched at the moment and unfortunately, emails are being slow.

Dave