Pump noise problem

Murraymint110

Hi,

My Alphacool Eiswolf 240GPXPro RTX 2080/2080TI (2070/2080 Super) - Black M02 has developed a loud grating/grinding noise from the pump. I have only had the item since 21st Feb 2020 and it was purchased from AquaTuning UK although the item was sent from Germany. I have tried removing the GPU from the PC and rotating to see if any air bubbles in the system. The grating noise is getting worse from day to day and sometimes the pump seems to stop and sets off the fan warning alarm on my PC.

Aqua Tuning are not replying to my mails and I'm at my wits end. Please please can you help me?

Kind regards

Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro RTX 2080/2080Ti (2070/2080 Super) - black M02

Murraymint110

Hi, thanks for the reply. No I haven't shaken the radiator, I thought (probably mistakenly) that as my radiator is at the bottom of the case that the air would have risen up to the GPU. It doesn't seem like air noise though tbh, I had bubbles when I 1st installed but now I get a real grating noise, and the pump fan (especially after boot when cold) stops spinning and then jumps around.. IE 400rpm 1000rpm 0rpm 1500rpm 0rpm etc When it was working properly I was getting 2500rpm with no noise.

Where can I purchase the refill solution locally?
Can I get a replacement pump if this if faulty? It's only 2 months old but as the supplier has let me down I may have to purchase one somewhere else. I don't really want to buy the whole package again.

Thanks for taking your time to reply to me, I'm a pensioner and this is stressing me out tbh.

Kind Regards

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey you are welcome it is my job :) What kind of noise does the pump make? Can you shoot a short video or sound data of it and post it here please? Have you checked your flow rate? Is the pump not working at all? May i ask also where you are from?

Murraymint110

Hey you are welcome it is my job :) What kind of noise does the pump make? Can you shoot a short video or sound data of it and post it here please? Have you checked your flow rate? Is the pump not working at all? May i ask also where you are from?
Wow so fast :)
It's a bit awkward for me to get a sound sample buts it's like in a similar post on here where someone (Intrance) starts with a sound byte (with similar title to mine). Mine is the same noise but stops and starts and fan speed varies 0-2500rpm (Stopping sharply)
Today it seems better than yesterday and may run for an hour or so, but all of a sudden grinding starts and pump stops spinning. I have tried multiple fan headers and a fan controller but no change.
Sorry but how do I check flow rate? Warm air is blowing out of the radiator when the pump is spinning if that helps.
I am from Mid Wales UK

Thanks again for your help... I feel there is hope all of a sudden. Supplier isn't answering my mails but with that's going on at the moment I don't even know if he's there.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Who is your supplier? This is very unusual you know that they do not answer but anyway we are here for you :) Do you have a fill port on the radiator? Have you tried to bleed the air out of the system? I know this is hard but mostly the problem is air in the system really. If you have only the Eiswolf okay than it is difficult to check the flow rate. You are cooling with the system only the GPU right? No other component is connected to it?

Murraymint110

Hi,

My item was supplied by Aqua Tuning UK but was sent from Germany on 21st February 2020 ( I tried to send you a screenshot of the dispatch notice but I cannot reply to your mail)

I have had no reply from them at all.

I have not bled the system as I’m a bit worried as I have no liquid to refill, also the radiator is at bottom of case and I believed any air would have risen into the pump. I have removed the GPU (plus unit) and turned it around to try and dislodge any air in the pump, this made no difference. All the noise is coming from the pump, no gurgling from Radiator.

The noise doesn’t sound like air tbh, it is more of a grinding/ crunching sound and the pump fan comes to an abrupt halt before jumping around at different speeds (I can read this on my fan controller). When I installed the unit I had air for a day or so and this is a totally different noise.

Yes I am only cooling the GPU with this unit, temp is normally very good 54% approx.

Nothing else is connected to it.

I know it’s under warranty but I would be willing to purchase a pump if I knew it would stop this noise.

Thanks again for all your support

Kind Regards

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Okay thank you for all the information. I will see what i can do for you tomorrow. I will also PN you my direct email address so we can solve this issue easy and asap :)

Murraymint110

Hi, I've sent a couple of mails to you as requested but I have not had a response in a week, just checking that you've received them.

Regards

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I find indeed an email of you from 5th of may which was not answered and this is strange. I need to check this first and will let you know tomorrow. Can you please remind me tomorrow again? Thank you.

zalanreilly

Hi,

My Alphacool Eiswolf 240GPXPro RTX 2080/2080TI (2070/2080 Super) - Black M02 has developed a loud grating/grinding noise from the pump. I have only had the item since 21st Feb 2020 and it Nox Vidmate VLC was purchased from AquaTuning UK although the item was sent from Germany. I have tried removing the GPU from the PC and rotating to see if any air bubbles in the system. The grating noise is getting worse from day to day and sometimes the pump seems to stop and sets off the fan warning alarm on my PC.

Aqua Tuning are not replying to my mails and I'm at my wits end. Please please can you help me?

Kind regards

Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro RTX 2080/2080Ti (2070/2080 Super) - black M02
Can you shoot a short video or sound data of it and post it here please? Have you checked your flow rate? Is the pump not working at all? May i ask also where you are from?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
@zalanreilly Thank you for your effort but this issue has been closed already and it is from the 28th of May. Please check the dates before commenting threads thank you.