Question about sequence of parts in loop

Hello I was wondering if I can please get some "official" alphacool advide on the sequence of items in my loop.

I find that it cleaner (less convolution and tubing) if I do this:

Reservoir+pump --> Radiator 1 --> Radiator 2 --> CPU block --> GPU Block --> (loop back to start)

But I want to ask if it is worth the trouble to do something like this:
Reservoir+pump --> Radiator 1 --> CPU Block --> Radiator 2 --> GPU Block --> (Loop back to start)

I only have enough space for 1 D5 vpp755 pump with the eisdeck Acryl V4. It seems like a single D5 should be powerful enough for either option, however, the second one, will create more resistance and use more tubing, and will be much harder to remove components in the future perhaps?

However, even though the first loop has less resistance/tubing, the "disadvantage" is that the GPU receives hot water from the CPU. However since I have a D5 maybe I can increase the RPM so that the water doesnt get so hot as it passes by? I am aware that water has a very high heat capacity so this may not even be a problem even at 2500 RPM D5.

Do you have any thoughts or advice on what is the more reasonable (and well-performing) decision?

Here is a drawing of the first option:
I have a 140mm Nexxos V2 and a 240 X-flow radiator,

Also, is it okay if my 140mm Nexxos is upside-down with the connectors at the bottom? This is the only way that my Repack 5.25-bay Reservoir can fit above it.

1650327465138.png

Last edited:

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @BobbyBoyGaming

The order doesn't really matter, since the temperature of the water levels off after a little time in the entire circuit.
So you can do it however you prefer.

If you now have several GPUs, then there should be a radiator in between, otherwise the last card would have higher temperatures.

The D5 pump has no problem at all with this size, so it wouldn't matter now. The pump is one of the strongest on the market. With this you can operate a system with several GPU's and radiators.
I myself use those with CPU and GPU coolers, two 420 XT45 radiators and two reservoirs. Only at 2500 rpm the flow could be lower, I would rather run it at 3500 rpm.

It doesn't matter how the radiator is installed. Except for an All in One, this must always be above the pump.

Best Regards