Re-Rig Reboot

Minibotpc

Been pondering on a Hardline build for a long time after many builds using soft tubing, although much easier to work with it doesn't have the aesthetics of hardline. So this Christmas as a little treat to myself i endeavored on this project and rebuilt my rig from 2013 (by rebuilt i more or less replaced every part )

Quick recap of the builds through 2010 to 2013:

iDN9hYf.jpg

First build - Phenom Build with 5870 gpu (later upgraded to GTX 570) with EK early waterblocks and radiators.
Second build - i5 3570K with gtx 680 on a Asus Maximus Gene V Board updated with newer EK products and Koolance cpu block
Third build - Same internals, updated watercooling setup in a Parvums S1.0 and later to S2.0 case. Both builds were sponsored by Parvum Systems at the time (Case supplied)
Forth build - Still working with the i5 3570K but now SLI 680's both under water on EK blocks and updated CPU block to Bitspower EF Summit. Case updated to NZXT H440 with a custom front panel for better airflow by Parvum systems. All new watercooling gear including XSPC radiators and Photon Reservoir. Updated from DDC to D5 pump.

Current Day:

Specs:

i5 9600KF @5.1ghz
RTX 2080 Aorus Xtreme Waterblock edition @2075mhz
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X SLI board
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 kit - Samsung B-die
EVGA 750 GQ modular psu
Lian Li O11D black
1TB Adata XPG 8200 Pro
2TB Samsung F1 hdd
480gb Kingston SSD
Phanteks vertical gpu mount

Cooling and sensors-

Bitspower EF Summit cpu block
Aorus xtreme waterblock
XSPC EX240 xflow
XSPC TX360
XSPC EX360
XSPC 14/10 triple seal hardline fittings
XSPC PETG tubing
XSPC Dark chrome Ball valve - for drainage
EK-AF Angled 90 G1/4 fittings
EK D5 pump holder
EK Res/120 fan mounting kit
Alphacool 90 rotary fittings
Alphacool flow sensor
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 combo reservoir 150
Alphacool Temp sensor
Phanteks T splitter
Varied extensions
7 x Arctic Cooling PST CO PWM fans
3 x Corsair ML120 White LED fans
3 x Antec Prizm 120 RGB fans
Antec RGB/PWM Controller

First few attempts with PETG bending was abit of a fail but shortly after I got the hang of it so it was very quick compared to my original attempt. I was pretty lucky with getting everything to align up properly, didn't have to tweak much and it all came together nicely. The gap between the GPU and the pump/reservoir was so tight... can just about get a few pieces of paper through there.. haha .

First off! The new GPU, finally got my Aorus 2080 xtreme watercooled edition! This thing is gorgeous, always dreamed of getting one of these and it just so happens that one came up cheap on an auction site. Opened but unused, the gpu had not been touched and was still sealed in its anti-static bag! Great! Weighs absolute ton as well, so glad its mounted vertically and not bending the pcie slot with its mammoth weight. As usual, some pics to go with the build from start to finish. The only thing i am missing now is a 3rd bottom fan to take up the empty space for some more added airflow.

TQLwyb3.jpg

qHmHC9z.jpg

M68IRip.jpg

RWta05B.jpg

b31qW8u.jpg

A6G9hgV.jpg

qyLoFeO.jpg

Nifty position for the water temp monitor
:rolleyes:
but later changed when i added in the TX360 rad
1VRr0Ia.jpg

Last edited:

Minibotpc

Gigabyte RTX 2080 Aorus Xtreme watercooled unboxing
9skc8OQ.jpg

0CBfK5H.jpg

MTx0SFp.jpg

AAN7aqX.jpg

hHeYPX1.jpg

PuQtHBi.jpg

H0eBJjt.jpg

I2gYUcm.jpg

And she's in! Bloody tight! (That's what he said)
:p

ML47DBK.jpg

Rwyj4Oo.jpg

Some deburring, not the neatest but it does the job. Used XSPC's deburrer
ronQu8Q.jpg

A2Wq0B6.jpg

SKyQDhw.jpg

And its finally assembled, ready for some coolant.
SKyQDhw.jpg

50niUPT.jpg

PDLKirE.jpg

KUp1Nql.jpg

New Coolant:

New coolant arrived due to the original reacting with the RGB lighting causing the coolant itself to turn to a pinkish red colour.

1squIaf.jpg

Straight in with some testing and some overclocking. Only managed a +55mhz on the core and +800mhz on the memory without crashes. At stock it boosted to 2010mhz with a score of 10425 on Time spy. Overclocked i managed a nice 10908 on the default settings on Time spy! Very pleased to say the least! Compared to the 2070 super with a hefty overclock i could not get past 10420, so quite a boost in performance (depending on the application of course).

x1tgZ8e.jpg

Minibotpc

The final images of the completed system. The fluid came out better than expected, had to add a few drops of red dye in there to give it a darker tone. Added 3 new ML120 fans in white and moved the prizm fans down to the bottom so the enermax fans could be used in another system.

Final piece was changing the large 250mm res for the 150mm and with that i should be able to adjust the side mounted 360 radiator and add another 120mm fan at the top for exhaust. You can fit alot of fans in this case!!!

LzEPFbF.jpg

efpU3xt.jpg

zdBF1jT.jpg

75KRKPI.jpg

3IYmWuZ.jpg

0TLcLDX.jpg

Possible B-Roll coming later!