Request help for a new set up

Benbeker

Hi ! =)

I'm preparing the arrival of my new PC (when the disposals will be there and the prices more "honest") and I have some questions about my cooling.

My setup will be a 5900X coupled with a 6800XT on an Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero. For the RAM it will be Team Group T-Force Xtreem ARGB DDR4 4000MHz. And for the case I'm looking at the Fractal Meshify 2.

For CPU cooling I'm thinking about your eisbear aurora 360 and I would also like to watercool the GPU.

My idea for cooling is to put the eisbear aurora 360 in front of the case (if I put it on top I'm afraid it will touch the RAM) in push (possibility to do a push/pull) and to take an eisblock aurora for the GPU that I will include in the loop. For the extraction of the general air flow it will be 1x140 at the back and 3x120 at the top with Eiszyklon Aurora LUX PRO 2.

I don't plan to do any custom watercooling right now, although one day I'll take the plunge :D

So here are my questions:

- Do you think I can put the eisbear on top in push mode without it being blocked by RAM? Fractal mentions 36mm max height for the RAM if you put a 360 on top but my RAM is 49mm.

- Will the cooling scheme I propose be sufficient to cool the CPU and GPU because I count to OC my config to take advantage of its potential but without making an extreme OC?

- Is it better to do a push/pull or a simple push is enough for the eisbear's radiator because it's still the only incoming airflow ?

- Is the IOA pump powerful enough to support the addition of the eisblock?

- If I want to add a radiator in the loop, for example a 120 in the back or a 240 in the top, will the AIO pump still be a powerful enough liver ?

Thank you in advance for your answers =)

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Question:

1. Well, with that Rams you will have problems with any radiator on the top.
2. Depends on the noise you can accept. For example: Threadripper 1950X + 2080TI ~ 400W at all (in my wives configuration) with a 360mm radiator is not a problem. But the fans are running with 1200rpm at full load. That is not quiet. And the temps are ok and good enough but GPU goes up to 60° wich is a lot for a water cooling system. But fine for me. More radiator space, more cooling performance.
3. Thin radiators with around 30mm works fine with only push. Only thicker radiators with for example 45mm working better with push&pull.
4. The pump is strong enough to connect a GPU cooler in the loop. A second radiator would be "maybe" too much.
5. Like point 4.... the pump could be strong enough, but in some configurations it could be too week. To be honest.... hard to say. Mostly it will work.

Benbeker

Question:

1. Well, with that Rams you will have problems with any radiator on the top.
2. Depends on the noise you can accept. For example: Threadripper 1950X + 2080TI ~ 400W at all (in my wives configuration) with a 360mm radiator is not a problem. But the fans are running with 1200rpm at full load. That is not quiet. And the temps are ok and good enough but GPU goes up to 60° wich is a lot for a water cooling system. But fine for me. More radiator space, more cooling performance.
3. Thin radiators with around 30mm works fine with only push. Only thicker radiators with for example 45mm working better with push&pull.
4. The pump is strong enough to connect a GPU cooler in the loop. A second radiator would be "maybe" too much.
5. Like point 4.... the pump could be strong enough, but in some configurations it could be too week. To be honest.... hard to say. Mostly it will work.

Wow thank you for that ultra fast answer!

Then, Is waiting for your future eiswolf aurora to come out and having 2 pumps in the circuit a solution? And if yes, do you plan to release them in several sizes because currently only the 240 exists it seems to me ? And do you have a launch date currently planned ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We will offer 360mm Radiators for Eiswolf 2 versions for the RX 6XXX series. They will be available in february. But yes, with two pumps in a loop, that would be not a problem. Than you have enough power for everything you like to do.

Benbeker

We will offer 360mm Radiators for Eiswolf 2 versions for the RX 6XXX series. They will be available in february. But yes, with two pumps in a loop, that would be not a problem. Than you have enough power for everything you like to do.

Great! I'll probably wait for the new Eiswolfs in February then.

And what about noise? Will two AIO pumps be louder than a custom watercooling pump?

One last question : Do I have to change the liquid at regular intervals on the AIO's ? And if so, how often?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The noise will be more or less the same with two pumps. With a custom pump... yes... you can run it with less noise but the differences are very low.

You dont need to change the liquid in AIOs. You can run them over 3-4 years and longer without issues.