Residue inside new water block

cassie_mmk

I recently bought an Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Geforce RTX 4090 Strix + TUF with Backplate and found residue inside the block. After installing and doing several flushes it's still there. Is there any idea what the residue might be? See below for some more detailed pictures.

I am unsure of the next step, especially since I cannot have more downtime with my PC and thus have had to put together the water loop to get my PC running for work. While I love Alphacool's aesthetic, I am a bit disappointed in the condition the GPU block came in since the residue doesn't seem normal and I'm unsure about some of the nicks and scratches.

The condition of the block after opening:

AfterOpening.jpg

The residue is still present after several flushes with liquid through the block. Yes, there are some particles from the radiators despite me flushing them a few dozen times, but don't worry I did get that out before putting in the final coolant.
AfterFlushes.jpg

As it looks now with the final coolant and fully constructed loop. The residue, except for one spot, has migrated towards the top of the GPU fin stack section.

LoopIsRunning.jpg

Finally, a full system shot since I want to emphasize that I really like Alphacool's aesthetic despite the above documented problems. You'll also notice I have a push pull fan setup with the radiator and Core Distro Plate despite the Core Distro Plate not coming with standoffs to allow it to mount through fans. I ended up using 35mm brass M3 motherboard standoffs which worked well. This meant I had to drill some bigger holes in the fans, so it'd be nice if Alphacool included standoffs with these designed to mount the Core Distro plate to a case or radiator through a set of fans.
FullSystem.jpg

Last edited: