Reverse flow GPX-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Aiden-

Hello, i asked support in some messages, but have so far, gotten no answer, hopefully someone at support will see this here aswell, anyway, i am having an issue with poor performance for my alphacool waterblock - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Plexi GPX-A Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc II / III - and need assisstence, my temps are not very good, my card will hit 70c edge and 90c junction, i am running a gpu only loop with a 360mm radiator, good fans at decent speed, and waterpump is a d5 that has very good flow, i should be getting much better temps, the only other issue i can think of, is that my waterblock is in reverse flow, with the water entering the 'outlet' port first, then exiting the 'inlet' , could this cause higher than normal temps? i seen atleast one other customer get recommended to use the ports as suggested, however i want to confirm if this will offer any significant temp improvement, as i will have to completely drain the loop and change the tubing runs, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, you can not use the block reverse. You need to go from the pump to In first. If you use the block reverse the jet plate does not make any sense really.

-Aiden-

my issue has been fixed and sorted, thanks to all the support responses from alphacool staff, this discussion can now be closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.