RMA VPP Apex pump

Adnouf

Hello,
I order the 14th of april 2024 a VPP apex pump from docmicro.com.
My rig is full custum watercooling build. I mounted the pump on a iceman cooler reservoir (IPR-DX5-BK24).
Everything was working fine for a month. Pump is great, low noise, very happy.
The system started overheating and powering off. Turned out 7950X3D temp was increasing even only in the bios. I reapply thermal paste on the AC core 1 CPU block, nothing changed. It turned out that the pump was not working. So I torn the system apart : no gunk on the pump blade that turned freely with no friction when rotating them by hand. I tried refilling the system. The pump would work for 5-10 sec and inject coolant in the system (DP ultra) then stop couple of times. I powercycled the PSU but the pump would not power on again. I tested the pump on a separate waterloop with just the pump, plugging in only the PSU, 24 pin connector shorted and a sata cable in serie with pump and case light (to be sure that power went through sata connector with case light). The pump is not powering on (no sound, no clic, no movement). I tried to gently give some inertia to the blade under water, but it didn't work.
I NEVER ran the pump dry, I'm quite thorough and meticulous, and read a lot before building my rig.

Can I do something different to make the pump work ?
Do you have any idead of what happened ?
Is this a known issue with this particular model ?
I thought the motherboard would notify me if the pump would not run (I put the PWM on the pump header on my asus x670e proart motherboard). Is it not the case ?
I wasn't sure if I should have contacted docmicro directly or you. Is it the good procedure ?

Best regards,
Adnane

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

please contact our support team (info@alphacool.com) to start an RMA with us. Don´t forget to attach a invoice copy to the mail. Alternative you can also start directly an RMA with your reseller. When the pump is not running it is defective and has to be checked.