Upgrade from a 3080 with Eiswolf2 to a 7900XTX, how ?

pdifolco

Hi
I've got a 3080 with an Eiswolf2, and plan to get a 7900XTX (a XFX Merc prolly), and want some advice on how to do it
Problem is if I get a waterblock I would not have any pump, and if I get an Eiswolf2 (not yet available) it's quite more expensive and I will have one useless rad
Is there any small pump like in the Eiswolf2 that I could add to the waterblock without having to do a full loop nor buy a rad ??

Edit : I've just read in a post above that the Alphacool 7900XTX Merc waterblock was released, and after some searching I found this which looks like a small pump for Eiswolf waterblock
Am I right, can I use that ?

Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

the GPX PRo is not compatible with the Eiswolf 2. It is a GPU only cooler and was part of the old Eiswolf.

The only thing you can do is to replace the cooler from the Eiswolf 2 RTX3080 with the Eisblock Aurora for your GPU. It is very difficult to mount the Eiswolf 2 Terminal on an other water block and it will also void your warranty.

pdifolco

HI,

the GPX PRo is not compatible with the Eiswolf 2. It is a GPU only cooler and was part of the old Eiswolf.

The only thing you can do is to replace the cooler from the Eiswolf 2 RTX3080 with the Eisblock Aurora for your GPU. It is very difficult to mount the Eiswolf 2 Terminal on an other water block and it will also void your warranty.

You mean I *can* transfer my Eiswolf2 pump thingie to a new Aurora waterblock ? Hmmmm interesting :)
Is there any other pump available for those new Aurora blocks than need no tubing ?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
this is correct you can transfer the terminal to every Eisblock Aurora water block.

If you use a Eisblock Aurora you will need an full custom loop. It is not possible to only mount a pump on it beside the Eiswolf 2 terminal which we don´t sell alone.

pdifolco

this is correct you can transfer the terminal to every Eisblock Aurora water block.

If you use a Eisblock Aurora you will need an full custom loop. It is not possible to only mount a pump on it beside the Eiswolf 2 terminal which we don´t sell alone.
But as I already have an Eiswolf2 (on my 3080), can I use its terminal on an Aurora Eisblock for 7900XTX ? You reply says yes then no then maybe, I'm a bit confused :)

Vanzin

Support
Staff member

If you use a Eisblock Aurora you will need an full custom loop. It is not possible to only mount a pump on it beside the Eiswolf 2 terminal
As I have wrote you it is possible to mount the Eiswolf 2 Terminal to any Eisblock Aurora! If you want to use a different pump you have to make an full custom loop.