Using Eisbaer Solo with 80mm fan

mdjurfeldt

Hi,

I'm aiming towards a system with a rather cool CPU (Xeon W-1290T). The main goal is to have a rather quiet system which is still power efficient. I've just come across your products and know very little about them.

Do you think that I could combine an Eisbaer Solo with your 80mm XT45 radiator (such that these two together would be a closed system)? (The reason why I want to use such a tiny radiator is some constraints in my sound-isolated chassis.)

Here is a bunch of questions related to that solution:

1. What extra equipment do I need to buy to get this AIO to work? Screws, tubing, refill tools, liquid?

2. What is most reasonable: Should I connect the 80mm fan to the cpu fan or chassis fan connector on the motherboard?

3. What is the difference between the XT45 and the UT60 series?

4. Do you have the technical drawing for the 80mm XT45 radiator? I'm especially interested in how much it protrudes over the 80mm fan in the shorter 121.5 mm direction.

Best regards,
Mikael

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
1. You will need:
- Eisbaer Solo or Eisbaer Aurora Solo
- Radiator
- Bottle liquid (Tec Protect is good)
- 4x fittings (wich one depends on the tube you like to use)
- 1m tube (Choose what you want)

Thats all you need to get a complete working solution. For tubes i would choose our TPV tubes. We are using them in server and workstations.

2. Connetion
- Fan on the radaitor -> CPU_fan_header
- Pump -> To any other Fan header but it is very important that you run this fan header with max spees (Check your bios configuration)

3. Radiator
XT45 -> radiator thickness 45mm
UT60 -> radiator thickness 60mm (makes only sense with a Push&Pull configuration and fans with more than 1500rpm)

4. Check our 3D-Center: https://www.alphacool.com/campaign/index/emotionId/2708