Ventus 4070Ti waterblock - compatibility with non-Ti (3X) version

Timberwolf

Hi,
It looks like MSI use an almost identical PCB between their Ventus 4070Ti and the Ventus 4070 models (at least the 3X version), only some VRMs are not populated on the lesser card. Does this mean the 4070Ti waterblock could also be used on a normal Ventus 4070, or is there some difference I can't see from photos like component height?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

I am sorry but we don´t have any information about the used PCB Layout of this GPU. If you send us a photo of your GPU without the original cooler we can check, if we have a compatible water block in our assortment.

Timberwolf

That's OK - I don't have the card disassembled but here is the image from TechPowerUp's review, I guess I would need to check I have the same board revision if you do have a block which fits.

Thanks!

Attachments

• front_full.jpg
    front_full.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 2

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

Thanks for the photo. It could be that the water block can fit, but I am not 100% sure, since the Power conector is different and it can be that the dimension on the PCB are therefore a little bit offside. Therefore I can´t give you 100% compatibility and it has to be checked by yourself.

Timberwolf

Thanks, that at least gives me a useful starting point. When I get a point I can take my PC out of use for a few days I'll order one, test and let you know if it worked.

Timberwolf

I can confirm that this works great on the regular Ventus 3X 4070, installation went fine and cooling performance seems good. It also has the benefit on this card that it has direct contact to a couple of the VRMs the card's standard air cooler does not cool.