Water cooling 3070 + CPU in the future

krusha03

Hi Everyone,

I am new to custom waterloop. I have the Zotac 3070 Twin Edge and I want to water cool it. For my CPU I have an AIO which I am not looking to change now but might consider adding a CPU to the same loop in the future. Therefore I am looking at getting a 280mm radiator now, waterblock and a pump that would support another 280 / 360 mm radiator in the future. Can you help me with building a set. This is what I have in mind:

Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Or do you mean the area between the acrylic and the higher ridges of the radiator plate? That would be normal, there is no O-ring.

Oh... wrong thread XD

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Ok... back to "this topic" :)

The DDC310 has less power than the VPP755, but is perfectly adequate for your planned water cooling. I used it myself for a long time. Some find the noise development of the DDC better, others swear by the VPP755 or 655.... whole honest.... it doesn't matter which one you take. The only real advantage of the VPP755 or 655 is that they are easier to regulate and adjust. Either via the control wheel on the floor or via PWM. This is not possible with the DDC. It is quiet, but some people want it even quieter.

The more flexible and soft the hoses, the more likely they are to buckle. Do you want clear hoses or do you not care about the look? Clear hoses eventually turn yellow. In addition, all clear hoses contain softeners that eventually wash out. Then you have to replace them.
Personally, I now only prefer our TPV hoses for servers. They last forever, are virtually indestructible and do not contain any plasticisers. This is my preferred hose: Click me
And for this tube, the best fittings are this one: Click me

The performance of the fluids does not matter. It is basically the same for all of them, no matter what is written on the bottle. It's all just marketing blah blah... says the marketing person here ;-)

It's more about the ingredients in terms of longevity. You can buy cheap liquid, that's not a problem like Pure Water for example. But then it can happen that you have algae in the system at some point. The same applies to the various other ingredients. Privately I only use Tec Protect, no coloured liquids. At least I know that I won't have to worry about my circulation for the next 2-3 years..... Well... next year I will certainly change something again, but still. As a rule, my systems run for 2 years without me having to change anything or wait.

krusha03

Hi Eddy, thanks for the response. I prefer having PWM control on the pump so I think I am going to go for the VPP755. Is this pump powerful enough to have a CPU block and another 280mm rad added down the line? Also do you have pump/res combo with the VPP655 pump? or would I have to buy the pump separately then?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The VPP755 is a very strong pump and more than enought for any loop wich fits in a case. Right now we offer only AGB+Pump sets with the VPP755. If you want the 655 you need to buy the reservoir as a stand alone edition.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
2 years for pumps. But to be honest.... most defects are because of using wrong liquid (Pastell colored water). This causes the pumps to stick together and destroys the ceramic axles. Otherwise, pumps actually run forever.