Watercooling EVGA FTW3 ULTRA 3090

FB1871

Dear all,

I've set up an Alphacool 360 pre-filled radiator, 2x 30cm TPV cables connected to the Aurora waterblock and a DC 80 pump (connected to water pump header, set to 100%, running at 2450 rpm) - but obviously the pump is too weak, it cannot push the water through the gpu block.

Will the loop work if I add a second DC 80 or an Eisbecher 250 w/ D5 pump?

Best regards!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, do you only have one loop for the GPU block? (GPU block > DC80 > radiator)
If so, the pump output should be sufficient!
Have you connected the IN & OUT connections on the GPU block correctly? (very important!)
Can you send me pictures of the setup so that I can get an overview?

FB1871

Hi, yes one loop only with GPU - Radiator is mounted front with tubes down, it is a large case (Raijintek Enyo). CPU is cooled with separate loop (rad mounted top).

Best regards

Attachments

• 20211008_095236~2.jpg
    20211008_095236~2.jpg
    733.6 KB · Views: 8

FB1871

Pump IN is connected to GPU out, Pump OUT to Rad IN, Rad OUT to GPU IN - i had originally Pump OUT to GPU IN, Pump IN to Rad OUT, GPU OUT to Rad IN. Both setups show insufficient flow.

Thomas_S

Staff member
.....but obviously the pump is too weak, it cannot push the water through the gpu block.
What does that mean? Water flows through the GPU block or? How do you determine the flow? A picture of the whole setup would be helpful!

FB1871

What does that mean? Water flows through the GPU block or? How do you determine the flow? A picture of the whole setup would be helpful!
Please find my setup attached.
Before powering the system I had the GPU not placed in the PCIE slot and was only running the pump to look for any leaks and flow - the water could not get out of the GPU block (neither holding it vertically nor horizontally). I now placed the pump higher, filled some extra liquid into the pump, and now I can see some waterflow. But temps of the GPU are way too high, 38C in idle and 90C under load - did already re-paste the core with Subzero (VRAM temps with pads seem fine <80C), no success.

Is the setup obstructing this pump too much? E.g. I am using 90 degree fittings from the TPV

Attachments

• 20211008_161003.jpg
    20211008_161003.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 11

FB1871

Update: I have switched the pump to a D5 w/ Eisbecher 250ml! Everything is running fine now - GPU temps load ~45-55C, Memory Junction 64C max.

FB1871

I want to add: TPV connections are working like a charm! Maybe Alphacool will bring some other lengths as well, maybe 15cm and/or 45cm : ) ?

Thomas_S

Staff member
The D5 pump is much more powerful than the DC-LT2 of the DC80. But it's OK that it works to your satisfaction now. There are no plans to expand the range of TPV quick coupling & hose sets for the time being. The hose is available in various lengths and can be replaced relatively easily.