what is needed to cool 3 x RTX 3090 FE?

bl4ck1c3

Hi,

I'm a n00b when it comes to watercooling and would need some advice,

Currently I have an Corsair Obsidian 750D case, which allows for 1 x 360 radiator 1 x 240 and 2x 120 radiators.

I want to watercool, mainly, 3 x 3090 FE's and AMD 5950x CPU.

I have ordered so far:
3 x Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3090 Founders Edition

I have no idea if my case is sufficient, since I don't know what radiator size I actually need... from some vids I get that a RTX 3090 NEEDS at least a 240 radiator, which theoretically should work then... I really don't wanna monkey rigg it ...

Ideally I want to coll the 3x RTX 3090's add the active backplates as well, cool ssd's etc..

The main questions is: what exactly would I need? Pump, reservoir, which radiators? tubes? splitters... etc.. etc...
And should I just get a new case to begin with, something that could house 3 x 360 (Or bigger radiators)?

One thing I'm confissed about is that are components cooled in "series" ie, one after another, or do all components gets "fresh water", does it make a difference?

I'm pretty sure I will have more questions as the build progresses... But for now, mif someone could give me some pointers, I'd greatly apreciate it.

Thnx in advance!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, the answer to your question is short: Yes, you should definitely start looking for a new enclosure. If you want to cool 3 FE each with an active backplate, then you need a lot of space for this alone due to the construction. In addition, with 350W TDP per card, I would plan with a 360mm radiator each.

bl4ck1c3

Hi,
So I ordered a Thermaltake P8 case, but I returned it since it doesn't seem to offer enough space to mount the radiators i would need, nor does it fit my Powersupply without cutting some metal. (it's a beautifull case tho)

So far the only case I can find would be the Raijintek EVO.... Anyone know of any cases that would allow for at least 3 x 480 mm radiators?

Thnx

PS: I've got an Eisbecher reservoir and a D5 pump with Eisdecke... the Eisdecke has, I think, can one use both outlets? ie, one feeding the CPU and the other feeding the GPU's?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
PS: I've got an Eisbecher reservoir and a D5 pump with Eisdecke... the Eisdecke has, I think, can one use both outlets? ie, one feeding the CPU and the other feeding the GPU's?

No, that is not possible.

bl4ck1c3

I think I\m gonna go from 3 GPU's to 2 GPU's and build a second system instead, seems like a lot less hassle, since like even the power requieremts for 3x 3090's are off the hook .... that way I can have 2 systems and add a 4th gpu, then water cool the second system and run both system as NVlink GPUS.

I seem to have all the fittings for 2 gpus 1 CPU... and 3 Radiators so far: 1x Alphacool 360 (The normal, thin one) 1 x Alphacool Nexxoss UT 60 480, 1x EKWB CoolStream 480 PE, would the UT60 480 be suficient to cool 2 GPU\s and 1 CPU?

PS: I also have a 240 Alphacool radiator.... would the 360 and 240 be enough to cool CPU and 1 GPU?

Last edited: