What is the difference between the AlphaCool Core and the AlphaCool Eisblock

PcJay99

Hello,
I've read the online materials for both the AlphaCool Core (13540), and the AlphaCool Eisblock Aurora (13458) for the Sapphire 7900 XTX Nitro and I'm trying to figure out the difference between the two. From the available pictures for both water blocks it seems:
1. The cooling plate for the AlphaCore is longer and extends to the G2 connections.
2. The cooling core for both water blocks look identical,
3. One of the pictures for the AlphaCore(13540) shows the led power cable on the side opposite of the G2 connections, but there is no like picture of the AlphaCool Eisblock(13458). Is the led power cable for the AlphaCool Eisblock(13458) in the same location. Are the amount of led the same for both blocks?
4. Is there a cooling difference between the two? I'm left to assume that the core would be a little bit better on cooling since the cooling plate is longer, but I hate to assume.
5. Is the cost difference between the two based on materials used?

I would appreciate any additional information you can provide so I can make an informed decision on which to purchase.

Thank-you.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

the only difference between both water blocks is the optical part and that the Core Version has a integrated terminal made out of copper and not Acryl as the Eisblock Aurora series.

PcJay99

Thank-you for the reply. When your refer to the optical part, I'm assuming that is the RGB strip. Would you think the Core Version has a higher optical display? Thanks.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

both water blocks have aRGB. The only optical difference is the Outer Design.