What's the third fitting on my pump for? + 2 others

Evis03

I have the pump which comes with the Eissturm hurricane kit. Anyone know what the third (capped) screw port is for? It's on the opposite side of the in and out ports.

Second question- is it possible for me to fit a smaller reservoir to this pump and top? Does Alphacool sell a compatible, shorter reservoir and input seperator?

Third question- any trouble using a brass temperature probe in an otherwise all copper loop?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Evis03

Which set do you have exactly? there are 3 variants. once with the ddc310 pump and twice with the vpp755?

to your 3rd question. this is not a problem when copper and brass are in one cycle. It's only bad when you have copper and aluminum in one, because the two metals react with each other.

I hope i can help. Your Welcome

Evis03

Hi the pump is the VPP755, and 250mm tall cylindrical reservoir. I got the kit very recently. I can't see any marks on the packaging or in the manual that indicate which version of the kit I have. Still got the manual and most of the packaging so if there's anything I can look up let me know. Thanks for your help and for clearing up the the temperature probe question!

Evis

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Evis03

to your 1 question, I can't say exactly either, it could be for a drain cock. it doesn't say IN or Out either. I don't know any more right now.

now to your 2nd question. what do you mean by entrance separator? and yes there are shorter tubes and different pump tops, I'll link some.

for these two you would either need an extra reservoir or the ice cover attachment
the eis cover attachment

for this one you need an extra reservoir

and that would only be a shorter tube for your current one and a riser tube

where you only have to convert the shorter tube and riser tube, I think the least amount of effort