Worth buying another AIO kit? (eiswolf 2)

ultranuke

I bought one of the AIO kits (eiswolf 2) and it looks like the pump died.

Since it's AIO, I can't really replace parts.

Is it worth buying another or should I look for other options?

I can't seem to find any company around here (UK) who's working with these kits, so I don't know if it's worth the trouble (and money) to buy a second kit. That might die as well.

If anyone else bought that kit, have you had problems? What kind of temperatures are you seeing? With the AIO kit I have/had, temperatures were getting extremely high for me - 90 degrees and such...I suspect the pump may have been half-broken since I bought it.

Last question - I bought my kit from aquatuning (I'm in the UK). If I bought another one, would it be possible to have it installed by someone who knows what he's doing? Perhaps an aquatuning employee? I feel like I'm not good at this stuff.

Edit:

I can also see that something else appeared on the shop page:

This is supposed to be an active backplate. The AIO kit I bought had a standard metallic black plate. Is there a way of integrating this into the AIO kit? The non-active backplate I have/had was getting extremely hot all the time.

I took the kit out just now (yes, in the middle of the night...) and:

- the fluid inside looks extremely dirty
- the...components inside the front plate look....very worn, rusty?
- the thermal pads on the front side seem to have had serious problems (I suspect it's due to the insane heat and improper cooling); for comparison, the ones on the backplate look almost new.

Like I said, I took this out. I'm attaching some pictures in case someone knows these things and can figure out what happened here.

I don't know what to do now. My 3080 ti still works, but I can't use it - I no longer have the stock coolers/fans etc - and the Eiswolf 2 kit is obviously not working. Do I try to order another one? Might get a defective one again. Am I able to combine AIO with active backplate? Am I able to find some representative in the UK where they can install this for me properly, even if it means mailing the video card to them?

Attachments

• back-thermal-pads.jpg
    back-thermal-pads.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 2
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 2
  • front-thermal-pads.jpg
    front-thermal-pads.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

you can either start an RMA with Aquatuning, since you have purchased it from them and not from us directly or you can also simply replace only the pump https://www.alphacool.com/shop/pump...t-2-2600rpm-ceramic-12v-dc-3-phasen-sinus-pcb.

Regarding the rust, is this only copper. It looks like the nickel-plating has been damaged and the copper underneath is showing up. This shouldn´t also happen and should be replaced. FOr this you have also to contact your reseller.

ultranuke

you can either start an RMA with Aquatuning, since you have purchased it from them and not from us directly or you can also simply replace only the pump https://www.alphacool.com/shop/pump...t-2-2600rpm-ceramic-12v-dc-3-phasen-sinus-pcb.
How can one replace the pump only in the kit? How can it be taken out of the "device"? (frontplate it's attached to).

Attaching a picture for clarity.
Regarding the rust, is this only copper. It looks like the nickel-plating has been damaged and the copper underneath is showing up. This shouldn´t also happen and should be replaced. FOr this you have also to contact your reseller.
Yes, I'm assuming it has been damaged by the looks of it. In what concerns replacing, I have ordered one - from you, I'm sure you can see this.

I do have a few questions - which I have asked via email as well, but no reply so far:.

1. The device has 2 wires coming out of it. One of them has 3 pins and can be connected to the W_PUMP slot on the motherboard. Is that where it's supposed to be connected? Please confirm. If not, which connector should it have been connected to?

The other wire has 2 connectors and comes out of the acrylic front plate. Does that need to be connected anywhere? If so, where? To which connector?

2. When connected to W_PUMP, what do I need to set up in bios? AUTO? DC? PWM?

3. When connected to W_PUMP, the lights come on on the pump, but nothing happens with the water inside it. Is it supposed to start pumping water in/out immediately or is there some sort of "trigger" here?

4. How can I test whether the pump works or not? It's no longer connected to the video card, but it is connected to the frontplate and to the radiator. I think it's broken.

5. What sort of temperature should I expect while using the kit? This went up to 100 degrees, at which point the computer shut down due to overheating (I play competitive team games and this is how I noticed something was wrong - it caused me a lot of problems with my team).

Thank you.

Attachments

• PXL_20230306_090649304~2.jpg
    PXL_20230306_090649304~2.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ultranuke

Hold on, I have another question.

This is the entire device I have (attached picture). It says it's AIO, which should mean all-in-one.

Is a pump included in here? I assumed it's hidden in the black enclosure with the green "geforce rtx" letters.

Does it need a separate pump, like the one you linked? If so, how do you connect that to this AIO?

Attachments

• PXL_20230306_091707523~2.jpg
    PXL_20230306_091707523~2.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 1