Would appreciate some advice/Wäre dankbar für Hinweise

snowfall

Hello! I've been looking for an AIO for a Ryzen chip (that has a square plate also) and I'm considering the 360mm Eisbaer Radiator AIO (the standard, non-compact). I probably looked through all the documentation I found around, including reviews, but I'm fairly new at this so I would be grateful if you could elaborate on some points:

- Is a front-mounted (front intake) setup not viable for this AIO cooler? The only thing I found in the manual says that it should be mounted above the cold-plate so that the pump can circulate the liquid properly. I was thinking of mounting it in the front so it doesn't sit above the motherboard (in case I mess something up). Is this not optimal?

- I see there's no software or mention of fan control in the manual. Is there any way of controlling fan speed? When not under load I would like the possibility of turning down the fans so the system would be a bit quieter.

- I'm just learning about liquid cooling and don't have any experience with it. Do you folks recommend any yearly maintenance? What's the scope of things I should be doing for maintenance? Can't figure out anything else than possibly filling the system with some coolant.

- Does the coolant have any expiry date, i.e. can I buy it now and use it next year? Is the Cape Kelvin liquid the recommended option also?

Thank you for your time!

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

You can mount the radiator in the front but we wouldn´t recommend it. The problem are air bubbles which you always have in AIO systems and air is always going to the highest point. If the pump is the highest ppont it can be that the air stucks in the pump and the pump is running dry.
You can control the fans over your BIOS or each Fansoftware which is compatible with 4Pin PWM Fans

We recommend to maintenace the systems each year. It is enough to check the fill level and if necessary to refill the system with some distilled water or our CKC. The closed bottles doesn´t have any expiry date but open bottles should be used in few month.

Last edited:

snowfall

Ah I see...might have to look into a custom loop then, I'm not sure it can fit on top side. Thank you very much for the information!

snowfall

@Vanzin I would have a follow-up question in that case, if you don't mind. Is the pump in one of the custom loop kits (like one of these*) suited for a front mount solution then? Or would I face the same problem with air bubbles? TIA

*https://www.alphacool.com/shop/new-...gaming-copper-30-3x120mm-complete-kit?c=20541

Edit2: Also is any Eisstation compatible with a NexXxos 360 45mm thick radiator or are they weak for those? I am looking at a more spaced friendly alternative as the 250ml reservoir in the hurricane might not fit in the case.

Last edited: