Z490 mITX build in a Ncase M1v6

Audiophile20

Hi,

Trying to put together a build as seen above.
CPU - i9-10900k or i7-10700k - TDP 125w
GPU - RTX3090 - 350w

I am thinking that I can fit 2x Alphacool ST25 Rads
Fitted as follows (fans in pull config):
- Rad 1 at bottom of case 2x 120mm x 15mm Noctua fans
- Rad 2 at side of case 2x 120mm x 25mm Noctua industrial fans

Questions:
1. Rads are hard to find in the US .. any idea on availability?
2. will these two rads be enough to cool the systems (without sounding like being on the flightdeck of an aircraft carrier during flight operations)?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi There,

I am thinking that I can fit 2x Alphacool ST25 Rads
I assume you want 2x 360mm radiators or?

2. will these two rads be enough to cool the systems (without sounding like being on the flightdeck of an aircraft carrier during flight operations)?
Depends on the envoirment how the room temperature is to run the fans as slow as possible and quiet. But two 360 mm radiators should be almost plenty for a standart system.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
@Audiophile20
Another question, wich PSU you want to use? Because 3090 has peak loads of up to 600W and some smaller peaks with around 400-500W. Some people have a lot of trouble with PSUs less than 700W and i dont talk about cheap ones.

And 2x 240mm rads are fine enough for this loop. But under load, you will need to let them run with much more than 1000rpm. And i am not sure if the case offers enough airflow for the fans. Its iver horrible tighten inside the Ncase. Some people have problems with a similar CPU and a 2080TI@stock wich has around 100W less heat.

Audiophile20

Thank you both for the kind reply.

CPU - my concern exactly. I can understand running a 65w or 95w and able to maintain good temps but 125w has me scratching head.

I was going to use high speed fans, but air flow could be an issue. With all the perforated panels, my thinking was it would have good airflow.

I am thinking Iceman res or the swiftech Apogee. Still mulling on that one. Have the unit on the waybut will have to see the thermals.

looking for a small Res but have not been successful in finding one yet.

I am planning on Watercooling the RTX3080. Maybe EVGA or a FE card with a block? I think Alphacool will make one, if not already announced.

Please keep your comments coming.

thanks again!

Audiophile20

Oops! PSU - Corsair sf750 would be my choice. But looks like COVID-19 is playing havoc on the supply chain.

Silverstone is going to release a 750w in SFF format, maybe that one?

I would prefer to stay in SFX format and be at 700w or higher. I am worried that the SFX-L would eat away at the interior.

I will say, the Coolermaster NR200 is very interesting, albeit it a little larger than the NCase.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The Corsair PSU is good. I have no idea about that Silverstone PSU, so i cant say anything about it. The Cooler Master NR200 looks nice. But its a simple case with less features for water cooling. But i dont know much about SFF cases, thats nothing i would buy for a high performance pc. But thats only my opinion. If I built my hardware into something like that, you could grill something in it because of the hot air in the case. ? ? ?

We will have a very nice block for the FE, but with a thicker backplate, so the cooler with the GPU will be very thick i think. And for the EVGA cards... not sure about cooler. The reference cooler fits on the XC3 but it does not cover the complete PCB because the XC3 layout is longer than the reference real reference cards. All important parts are coverd, only a part of the PCB with some connectors are not covered. Not sure if you will like that.

A res for the NR200 could be:
and

Check the last pic in the second link. Than you will understand what i mean with that. You can also turn the feed by 90° so you can mount it on the mainboard tray. But i am not really sure if that will fit.

Or this small Enterprise Solution res for DDC pumps: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/ausg...r/25577/alphacool-es-reservoir-1u-ddc-version

Audiophile20

Thanks you.

I have ST30 and it is posing a problem, does not fit, as it is about 2-3mm too deep mounting on the side. I am looking for the ST25 and am unable to find any in the US. do You have an eta for this RAD in the US?

for the bottom rad, I will want something slim like XSPC TX240 as ST240 will be too tight against the gpu and the waterblock.

Redulon

What about external Radiators? They can be used with slow moving 200mm fans.
One of my friends is using one of those. But you would need a D5 pump. He is using a double slot AGB and it work really good. The radiator is behind his monitors and you barely can see it and you never hear it :)

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I have ST30 and it is posing a problem, does not fit, as it is about 2-3mm too deep mounting on the side. I am looking for the ST25 and am unable to find any in the US. do You have an eta for this RAD in the US?
You can contact PPC,s or Mod My Mods and ask them for a possible stock on this article.