Expanding Eiswolf 2 Loop

pdifolco

Sorry Volk :) I'm back to bother you again, I'm now hesitating between the Eisstation and the Eisbecher, D5 pumps versions...
Apart from the looks (which don't bother me much the PC is under my desk) what are the differences or "use cases" for both ? They seem to have same pumps and same capacity, so it's just looks ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The biggest difference is only the optics. Some like tube tanks better, some want something more compact. In my opinion, it doesn't matter which one you choose. The water volume differs only slightly if you take the large ice cream tub. The small one has less water volume, of course. From a purely functional point of view, however, it doesn't matter which one you take.

pdifolco

The biggest difference is only the optics. Some like tube tanks better, some want something more compact. In my opinion, it doesn't matter which one you choose. The water volume differs only slightly if you take the large ice cream tub. The small one has less water volume, of course. From a purely functional point of view, however, it doesn't matter which one you take.
Ok, while I'd rather like the Eisstation looks, seems a Eisbecher would better fit as I can screw it to the rad or to the bottom of my case, while I'm not sure the Eisstation will be good anywhere ... Decisions decisions.. :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I personally would choose the Eisbecher instead of Eisstation because it is easier to fill the Eisbecher than the Eisstation. You can open the top of the Eisbecher to fill the loop. A big hole.... you dont need a funnel or something. And like you say, you can mount it for example on a front radiator. I would only choose the Eisstation if i dont have much space. Than you can mount it on the bottom very easy with the velcro tape (included).

pdifolco

I personally would choose the Eisbecher instead of Eisstation because it is easier to fill the Eisbecher than the Eisstation. You can open the top of the Eisbecher to fill the loop. A big hole.... you dont need a funnel or something. And like you say, you can mount it for example on a front radiator. I would only choose the Eisstation if i dont have much space. Than you can mount it on the bottom very easy with the velcro tape (included).

Exactly what I thought as well, order placed ! :)

pdifolco

I'm back ! :)

Got my pump+res, installed now, alles gut except that I couldn't put it anywhere else than to the rad, and even then can't attach it to the back as there's no way I can access there ! Whatever... the question I have is that the "crystal" coolant isn't crystal clear at all, and has even some particles floating...

Should I refill the res ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Wtf..... did you flush your loop before you put the new liquid in? Or did you mixed it with the liquid from the AIOs?

pdifolco

Wtf..... did you flush your loop before you put the new liquid in? Or did you mixed it with the liquid from the AIOs?
Was the previous AIO coolant, Eisbaer and Eiswolf2...thought it was all transparent stuff...
Anyway got a problem with my GPU now, had to disassemble the system, will flush it later

pdifolco

Was the previous AIO coolant, Eisbaer and Eiswolf2...thought it was all transparent stuff...
Anyway got a problem with my GPU now, had to disassemble the system, will flush it later

Bump meself... How can I drain this system, got no drain port ?...