Eisbaer Pro socket 1700 question

LuMMeL86

Hi,

I bought an Eisbaer 360 Pro for socket 1700. Mounting set was not in the box. You already confirmed that you will sent me a new mounting set, and I am currently waiting for it.

Because I am impatient, I wondered whether the mounting set for socket intel 1150/1151/1155/1156, Intel 1366, Intel 2011, Intel 2011-3, Intel 775 would also fit. See link below:

https://www.highflow.nl/watercoolin...h2Xd9QEnmHw_srvLasvZmbu1OqytCNTRoCOQwQAvD_BwE

If so, I will order that set.

LuMMeL86

Hi, yes the mounting fits the 1700 socket.
Thanks, I mounted the cooler with the abovementioned bracket, while following the updated instructions for mounting the Eisbaer to socket 1700 CPU's.
My thermals, however, are quite high. Hitting 90-100 degrees under full load with stock 12700k. Could the backplate be the cause? Is the backplate for socket 1700 any different from the backplate in the mounting set that I bought?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, the mounting you ordered is the same as the one included with the Eisbaer Pro. There will be new mounts in the near future that will provide better temperatures. When they are available, they will be sent out by our support. All you have to do is send an email to info@alphacool.com. When did you buy the AIO?

However, there may be other reasons for the high temperatures. Have you checked the contact pressure or the imprint on the thermal compound? Enclosed is the link for the current manual for the installation. Your Eisbaer certainly still contains the old manual! Maybe this information will help to solve your problem.

LuMMeL86

Hi, the mounting you ordered is the same as the one included with the Eisbaer Pro. There will be new mounts in the near future that will provide better temperatures. When they are available, they will be sent out by our support. All you have to do is send an email to info@alphacool.com. When did you buy the AIO?

However, there may be other reasons for the high temperatures. Have you checked the contact pressure or the imprint on the thermal compound? Enclosed is the link for the current manual for the installation. Your Eisbaer certainly still contains the old manual! Maybe this information will help to solve your problem.

Yes, I mounted it as described here: https://www.alphacool.com/download/manual/11771_Alphacool_Eisbaer_Pro_Aurora_360_CPU_Manual.pdf on page 8. Very difficult install process, because of the positioning of the m4 nuts. Also it is unclear which screws are the socket 1700 screws.

I am getting temps of 90/100 @ 240 watt power consumption. Very dissatisfied with the product, the instructions and the installation process.

Thomas_S

Staff member
What is not clear here is whether you have checked the contact pressure or not? Do you have pictures of the imprint on the thermal paste? If this is OK, I can only offer you to write to our support regarding an RMA (info@alphacool.com). We might have to check the AIO here. Reviews and our tests show that your temperatures are far from normal when using the Eisbaer Pro.

Your comments on the instructions and the assembly effort are a matter of opinion. The instructions and the information on the accessories are well written. That the assembly takes some time... That's just the way it is, but it's not something you usually do that often and it doesn't have to be done in a sprint.

hargan3

Thanks, I mounted the cooler with the abovementioned bracket, while following the updated instructions for mounting the Eisbaer to socket 1700 CPU's.
My thermals, however, are quite high. Hitting 90-100 degrees under full load with stock 12700k. Could the backplate be the cause? Is the backplate for socket 1700 any different from the backplate in the mounting set that I bought?
I have a Intel i9-12900KF stock with Aurora Pro 360 and thermal grease Grizzly Kryonout. Case Cooler Master H500P mesh. Graphic Card Asus ROG RTX 2070 Super. Ambient 18/20 celsius. In Cinebench R23 CPU stay at 94 celsius. In gaming CPU stay at 55/65 celsius (max 75 during shader decompression usually). Under Office use 23/36 celsius.
The performance of the heatsink is excellent even if not as excellent as I expected.

If you have too high temperatures I recommend that you check the ventilation of the case.
Remember that the air flow must be in one direction only.
Then if you have a powerful graphics card it can help warm up the CPU. In some cases it may be useful to use a case with adapter and cable that allows you to install the graphics card vertically moved from the motherboard and processor.

Important: as far as I am concerned, I advise not to bring the screws of the heatsink pump to the end of their stroke because the mounting pressure seems excessive to me. I'll explain. The LGA1700 socket is rectangular but they have kept the same fixing as the LGA1200 socket with 2 grip points centered on the long sides. Over time, especially with Alphacool's PLASTIC back plate (pity, it could have been metal), the socket can deform and consequently reduce the point of contact. The good news is that the heatsink of the pump are bigger than the other AIOs and this problem tends to reduce, but not to disappear.

Finally remember with a suitable software to set the speed of the fans well according to the temperature of the cpu.

In conclusion, the heatsink works well ... but ... GUYS ... the noise with the fans at 100% is unbearable ... it looks like a Boeing 747 taking off (during the flight it makes less noise than the heatsink) :)

Thomas_S

Staff member
Important: as far as I am concerned, I advise not to bring the screws of the heatsink pump to the end of their stroke because the mounting pressure seems excessive to me. I'll explain. The LGA1700 socket is rectangular but they have kept the same fixing as the LGA1200 socket with 2 grip points centered on the long sides. Over time, especially with Alphacool's PLASTIC back plate (pity, it could have been metal), the socket can deform and consequently reduce the point of contact.
We are working on a new backplate for our coolers. In a few weeks we will offer it. With the new backplate you will get better temperatures.

Silber

Hi all, i sended an email yesterday.
i also got an eisbar pro aurora for my I9 12900K but the backplate is missing so i cannot continue building my pc :(
Can you please send me a backplate asap?

Thomas_S

Staff member
Hi all, i sended an email yesterday.
i also got an eisbar pro aurora for my I9 12900K but the backplate is missing so i cannot continue building my pc :(
Can you please send me a backplate asap?
Hi, that's annoying - please write to our support via email & describe your problem (info@alphacool.com). You will then be sent the backplate immediately.

Silber

Does somebody know where i can buy a backplate? Support told me mine is sended tuesday 18-01 and it can take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
I'm not going to wait 2 weeks so im willing to buy one if someone can help me where.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We will release the backplate in around 2 weeks. Not earlier. If support sent you on right now, than you will get one of our Main samples. We have only a handfull right now for mainly internal stuff.

Der Eismann

We will release the backplate in around 2 weeks. Not earlier. If support sent you on right now, than you will get one of our Main samples. We have only a handfull right now for mainly internal stuff.
If you have one left I could pick it (in Braunschweig) and test it. ??