Alphacool Waterblock/AIO for 7900XT/XTX planned ?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

we will also offer cooler for the new AMD Generation. But I can´t say at the moment which models we will support and when they will be available. What I can say is that we will make an water block for the Reference layout.

pdifolco

Ok thanks
Any way to know in advance which one will use reference layout ? I'ml not that familiar with AMD cards, got some ATI long time ago then Nvidia...

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

for sure I can say that AMD will use the reference layout. Which AIB will use it, I can´t say at the moment, since we don´t know the PCBs at the moment. As soon as the GPU are released, we will check it and we will update our configurator and PDF files asap.

taylor.cullen

The recent press releases show that the following custom cards are receiving a compatible block:
  1. Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Nitro+
    Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
  2. Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Toxic
    Sapphire AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX ToxicEdition
  3. ASRock AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Taichi
    ASRock AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Taichi
    ASRock AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT Phantom
    ASRock AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Phantom
Yet there was no mention of a reference design block... these cards don't seem to be the MBA models?

aigarius

Are custom card 7900XTX Core versions in the cards? Those higher power cards with three power connectors would be a better fit for a cool block than the reference design.

Edit: naturally, in addition, not instead :D

Last edited:

taylor.cullen

Are custom card 7900XTX Core versions in the cards? Those higher power cards with three power connectors would be a better fit for a cool block than the reference design.
Keep in mind not everything is measured performance about water cooling. The reference cards having a water block for me personally comes down to I have a lot of existing water cooling gear I want to reuse for aesthetics more than anything else. You also never quite know which models of a card are going get a compatible block, manufacturers tend to only target the really expensive versions from Asus and then also the reference design. With how fast new GPUs sell out upon release its reassuring to know if you buy the reference design you'll have the option to stick a block on there. I am fully agreeing however that in addition targeting the cards that can stretch their legs overclocking is good "in addition to" rather "than" if you get me?

Wilhelm76

We will also make a cooler for the Reference 7900XTX and XT. 7900XTX also as Core edition.
Is this info granted? I own a reference model with awful cooling performance in a giant Lian Li Pc P80. Card throttles down at 112C. I desperately need a watercooler for the card.
Will implement it into Hurricane 420 set.

devinbaines

I am desperate for the Eiswolf 2 for a Made-by-AMD card. If you have seen Der8auer's latest on the 7900 XTX overheating problems, it seems like many others would also be interested. I do not have a custom loop so a block with a built-in AIO would be perfect. I will buy one the moment it is available.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
I am desperate for the Eiswolf 2 for a Made-by-AMD card. If you have seen Der8auer's latest on the 7900 XTX overheating problems, it seems like many others would also be interested. I do not have a custom loop so a block with a built-in AIO would be perfect. I will buy one the moment it is available.
They will come! The Solo coolers are currently in development and will most likely be available for order from March/April.

devinbaines

They will come! The Solo coolers are currently in development and will most likely be available for order from March/April.
That's exciting news. The timeline is somewhat disappointing, though. I hope the Made-By-AMD version comes out before the partner-card versions since those already have adequate coolers, it appears. Those of us stuck with the crappy Made-by-AMD vapour chamber cooler need a solution quickly. My Canadian dollars will be ready whenever the product is.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Development takes time. The official launch of the card was in December! The PCB layouts are coming in one by one and the coolers can be developed accordingly. Production & delivery just take time. If you consider the high number of Nvidia cards that also require a cooler... ;-)

devinbaines

Yes, development takes time. I see that the 4080 12 gb 4070 TI already has a block even though it went on sale yesterday. No comment.

thecampster

About to buy the 7900 xtx Power Color Red Devil. Curious to how long it will be before that waterblock is available.

Note: I'd have already bought the ASRock block from you if ASRock would have gotten into gear and released their cards already.

sparxxx

yes i am also interested in a xfx speedster 310 7900 xtx waterblock last piece for my build any info would be appreciated.