Newb to the water cooling world has ???

angrymonkey_13

i currently run a Asus x470 Taichi m/b, with a Ryzen 7 2700X ... I have 4x8 gb sticks of 2933mhz Corsair Vengence memory ... My cooler of choice was a Cryorig H7 air cooler ... All this packaged in a Phanteks Eclipse P600s case ... Oh and before I forget, my GPU is a Gigabyte GTX1060 .. My main question being, what would be the best AlphaCool liquid cooling application for the above set-up ? I would like to stay somewhere in the $150 to $200 range if possible ... AIO units, soft tube types welcome ... No hard tube set-ups need apply ... Not ready for that ... The K.I.S.S principle must apply to all choices ... Lol ! Thank you for any help or suggestions forthcoming ... (y)

P.S.
For those who need clarification-
K- Keep
I- It
S- Simple
S- Stupid ?

(thanks again)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
For the CPU only, you can take a look on our Eissturm Sets: https://www.alphacool.com/search?sSearch=eissturm
There is everything inside you will need for the loop. But... without a GPU cooler!!! The price for a GPU cooler is about 90-150$. The price for a GPU AIO like our Eiswolf series, is around 180 - 200$. I do not see a solution for GPU and CPU with less then .... hm.... 300 $. But for the first time, i would start with an Eisstum Set. You can connect a GPU cooler later if you want. Its easy, because every set has quick connect fittings.

If you like to buy AIOs only. For example you can start with an Eiswolf CPU AIO cooler. And later, you can connect an Eiswolf GPX GPU AIO cooler with the Eisbaer cooler. Both have quick connect fittings.... so... its very easy!

angrymonkey_13

For the CPU only, you can take a look on our Eissturm Sets: https://www.alphacool.com/search?sSearch=eissturm
There is everything inside you will need for the loop. But... without a GPU cooler!!! The price for a GPU cooler is about 90-150$. The price for a GPU AIO like our Eiswolf series, is around 180 - 200$. I do not see a solution for GPU and CPU with less then .... hm.... 300 $. But for the first time, i would start with an Eisstum Set. You can connect a GPU cooler later if you want. Its easy, because every set has quick connect fittings.

If you like to buy AIOs only. For example you can start with an Eiswolf CPU AIO cooler. And later, you can connect an Eiswolf GPX GPU AIO cooler with the Eisbaer cooler. Both have quick connect fittings.... so... its very easy!

I should clarify something .. Before too long I will be upgrading GPU to something in the RTX 2070 or 2070 Super range ... Any thoughts ref GPU cooler ... And I'm not AIO exclusive ... Just thought first time out, best keep it as uncomplicated as I can ... After all this is my first foray into this area ...

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Than it is easy... start with an Eissturm Set ;) Like i said, everything you need is inside the sets. You only need to choose, wich radiator size you want and wich reservoir + pump combination fits in your case. And you will get a good manual for everything.

angrymonkey_13

Than it is easy... start with an Eissturm Set ;) Like i said, everything you need is inside the sets. You only need to choose, wich radiator size you want and wich reservoir + pump combination fits in your case. And you will get a good manual for everything.

Thank you Eddy for your help in this .. I have been watching as many water cooling videos as I can and you guys are really the best ... and now I see why ... Most appreciated, my friend .... (y)

Toohr

Start simple with a Custom Loop. 360 nexxxos with helix reservoir and VPP pump. In addition a cooler for your cpu.
Afterwards you can add the loop with gpu cooler and another radiator.
That‘s how I did. Best way to start with the stuff!
Edith says:
Eisbecher ist also a good combo for pump and reservoir combo!

Shypax

Start simple with a Custom Loop. 360 nexxxos with helix reservoir and VPP pump. In addition a cooler for your cpu.
Afterwards you can add the loop with gpu cooler and another radiator.
That‘s how I did. Best way to start with the stuff!
Edith says:
Eisbecher ist also a good combo for pump and reservoir combo!
completely agree, start simple, a rad + pump + res + block , fittings to go between and some tubes and its hard to mess it up - good tip , make sure you check O-rings before you assemble, make sure they are intact and in place where they should be, if your stuff leaks its 99.99% of the time cause of O-ring issues .

Toohr

Never had trouble with O rings.
But it is a good information for beginners ?
As last suggestion, use Softtubes at first. It was my best decision, as i reworked my setup 5 times.
Ah, don’t forget the ball valve! Best thing during the experimental phase ?

CRYSIS1982

Never had trouble with O rings.
But it is a good information for beginners ?
As last suggestion, use Softtubes at first. It was my best decision, as i reworked my setup 5 times.
Ah, don’t forget the ball valve! Best thing during the experimental phase ?

I totally agree.
Also watch a few build logs or tutorials online.
Will help you get ideas flowing (excuse the pun) for your case and layout of the loop.