Advice for 3900X + 5700 XT

Gma_92

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to build in a BeQuiet SILENT BASE 801 Windows if possible A Ryzen 9 3900X with a GPU 5700 XT
In a first time I would get a Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 360 CPU to be Added in the future with watercooling for the GPU but I wonder if it would be preferable to get a complete system for both.
In this case, what would be the best system/price:
- A common system ? Which one ?
- 2 separate systems ?
- And which model of GPU 5700 XT suits to your system so ?

- Last question; For the AM4 Ryzen 9 3900X, is it necessary to add a special braket ? or is it included in the Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 360 CPU ?
Many Thanks,

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Eisbaer Aurora has brackets for AM4 included. IF you want to cool a 5700 XT with water, you should check for wich versions water blocks are available. And with a 360 radiator it is enough if you use a normal water block wich you connect with the Eisbaer. So you need only the Eisbaer Aurora, an extension set, the gpu block and a bit liquid to fill the loop.

Gma_92

Eisbaer Aurora has brackets for AM4 included. IF you want to cool a 5700 XT with water, you should check for wich versions water blocks are available. And with a 360 radiator it is enough if you use a normal water block wich you connect with the Eisbaer. So you need only the Eisbaer Aurora, an extension set, the gpu block and a bit liquid to fill the loop.
Is it possible to get from you an offer for a single circuit cooling a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + a XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc II Ultra, 8GB GDDR6, HDMI, 3x DP delivered in one kit assemblied ?

Gma_92

OK, but your wrote: "Eisbaer Aurora has brackets for AM4 included. IF you want to cool a 5700 XT with water, you should check for wich versions water blocks are available. And with a 360 radiator it is enough if you use a normal water block wich you connect with the Eisbaer. So you need only the Eisbaer Aurora, an extension set, the gpu block and a bit liquid to fill the loop. "
What should be the "extension set" to buy in this case ? Thanks

Gma_92

Hallo Eddy, after checking - It seems to be that: Do you confirm that's match ?
Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 360 RVB numériqueRef. 11730
Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Plexi GPX-A AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT XFX Thicc II / IIIRéf. 11760
Kit d'extension à connexion rapide Alphacool EisbaerRef.12548

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hi,

yes, that is lokking good. But you choose a version with 90° angels. We offer also a version with straight fittings but without that filling bottle:

You can choose what you like but in my opinion its better to choose the straight fittings. But it depends on how you like to mount everything in your case.

Gma_92

Hallo Edy thanks for your advice. For the moment I have ordered the Aurora 360 and I will see for cooling the GPU later. One more question about the Aurora 360: What is the metal used for the contact with the CPU ? Is it only copper ? is there aluminium or not at all ? Because I use my computer for folding@home and of course the CPU is hot.. (about 80°c 24h/day with mimitation) so I wonder if I would put liquid metal instead of classic thermal paste (~73W/mK !...) between CPU and the head of Aurora What do you think ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Wen never use aluminium on parts wich get in contact with water. Only copper, brass, acetal, plexi or nylon. Cooler bottom from the Aurora series is nickle plated copper.
Liquid metal gives always a better cooling performance, so its not a bad idea. A lot of people are using it. But Ryzen is a beast.... very hard to get real gut temperatures because of the 7nm structure. Very small DIEs with much more heat per mm² than older CPUs.