Temperatures with aurora 420 and ryzen 3600

LeeLarant

HI
I bought on febuary the Alphacool Esibaer Aurora 420.
Today when i am making a stress CPU with CPU Z, I am getting 70°, with a R5 3600...
I have done the mounting operation 2 times, but no significant results.
I find 70° is way too much for a 3600 with a 420mm radiator.
I am expecting something like 55 or even 50, not 70.
I have a couple of friends with Nh d15, h115i and even nh u12s or something like this that are doing better than me with a 420mm AIO.
But I feel that I have a local problem, because others on Amazon reviews are having 50 or 55 (expected) with OC 3600 to 4,5ghz with eisbaer 240.
Thanks in advance to give me some tips.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, sorry to hear that dude. Which case do you use? Can you post us some photos with the build? Something is wrong but we will find out. There is no point to be dissappointed :)

LeeLarant

Hi, sorry to hear that dude. Which case do you use? Can you post us some photos with the build? Something is wrong but we will find out. There is no point to be dissappointed :)
HI @Metropolis34
Thank you for the answer. :)
So i have the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe² case, and here are the images, i tried to get the most accurate pictures.
1.PNG2.PNG
Thank you. :)

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
First thing i see is that the CPU pump unit is not installed corecctly. The window has to show up and the alphacool logo must be paralel to the graphics card. You need to turn the block up. Try this out please. Air circulation should be not a problem inside the case.

LeeLarant

First thing i see is that the CPU pump unit is not installed corecctly. The window has to show up and the alphacool logo must be paralel to the graphics card. You need to turn the block up. Try this out please. Air circulation should be not a problem inside the case.
Ok i will.
I just dont really know how to unmount the bracket, it looks very hard to do.
:)

LeeLarant

You need to pull it from both side. I know it is bit difficult but you can unmount it no probs :)
So, I did what you told me to do, and i won 2 degrees (68 instead of 70) but, when i touch the radiator it seems a little bit warmer than earlier.
I am wondering this: are my tubes ok? Or it is too "twisty"?
It is due to the giant case i have, difficult to put the radiator.
Thanks for answering. :)

Oumpaa

Looking at this are the fans on the bottom inside of your rad blowing out? You might want to have them blowing in and put them on the top of your rad blowing in. Other wise you are blowing hot/warm air from inside your case through your rad trying to cool things off.

LeeLarant

Looking at this are the fans on the bottom inside of your rad blowing out? You might want to have them blowing in and put them on the top of your rad blowing in. Other wise you are blowing hot/warm air from inside your case through your rad trying to cool things off.
I will try.:)

LeeLarant

So...
I completly transformed the pc.
I put the radiator on the front.
Pushed the pump and the fans at max speed.
By the same occasion the tubes are not twisted anymore.
Results: 65°.
I also tried with no fans: 71 and the radiator was warm.
So fans are doing good job.
Is that could be enough ? (Maybe i am expecting too much)
:)

Oumpaa

Might be the best you can get. Someone getting 55 god knows their system might be different from yours. They might not OC and you might, Room temp might be much cooler on their end. Maybe diffrent case with more fans, god only knows, As long as your system is not overheating then your good.

predestruction

@LeeLarant

I just got delivered my Eisbaer Aurora 420 today :love:.

I have a 3600 atm too and i have 65-68 degrees with Cinebench R20 and no OC applied.

What i have often read already is that since the CPU Die isnt centered and pretty small the heat transfer between CPU Die, Heatspreader and the Cooler is pretty "shit".
Only two ways to improve this
a) better thermal paste (liquid metal is best and most dangerous)
b)using the custom mounting kit from der8auer

LeeLarant

@LeeLarant

I just got delivered my Eisbaer Aurora 420 today :love:.

I have a 3600 atm too and i have 65-68 degrees with Cinebench R20 and no OC applied.

What i have often read already is that since the CPU Die isnt centered and pretty small the heat transfer between CPU Die, Heatspreader and the Cooler is pretty "shit".
Only two ways to improve this
a) better thermal paste (liquid metal is best and most dangerous)
b)using the custom mounting kit from der8auer
HI @predestruction and thank you for your review!
Yeah, i think i am expecting way too much.
I have just gone down to 65, and plus my gpu is at 61 instead of 64, thanks to the fact that radiator is on the front.
I find this cooler awesome too, i bought it because i am planing to watercool my GPU.
The thing on thé aurora i like the most is the fact that tubes and fittings are the same as the eisbaer extreme.
Anyways, thank you, and enjoy your beautyfull AIO! ;)