13900k + eisbaer 420 = 97* what now?

Jasonk

Bone stock out of box, did some benchmarks and 5 minute stress tests and saw a high of 97*. Thinking of adding on to the system but I don't know if the pump can handle another 360 or 2. My case can fit (3) 360 rads and a 480.
Maybe I should just add a aurora 360 lt (seems the cheapest option) and use both pumps, but how to run them both? Or another 420 (my case can run 2, but would take the space [2] 360's could live)

Have been told a contact plate will help, need to go through bios and make sure pump and fans are running at full. I bought the 420 aurora used (b stock on aquatuning) the lights don't seem very colorful, is that normal? The coolermaster fans in my case make the eisbaer look white in comparison (not quite but close).
13900k, msi carbon z690, gigabyte 3080ti coolermaster haf 700 case.

Using this for video editing in resolve, would like to play a little with overclocking outside of the factory turbo boost settings.

Thanks for the advice in advance!

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

97°C with an 13900K under full load is very good. The 13900K can reach over 110°C without any problems under full load. The problem is the heat transfer from DIE to Heatspreader and then to the cooler. Under following Link you will find a review, where also the temperature has been checked.

Jasonk

HI,

97°C with an 13900K under full load is very good. The 13900K can reach over 110°C without any problems under full load. The problem is the heat transfer from DIE to Heatspreader and then to the cooler. Under following Link you will find a review, where also the temperature has been checked.
I understand it runs hot, but is it possible to get it down to 85-90* without a delid and direct die cooling? That way I can give it a little extra OC. Would a contact plate and another 360 rad work? How would you go about adding another res, with secondary pump or without? How can 2 pumps be run, is there a power splitter/pigtail? Thanks again

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

an second radiator won´t give you so much more cooling capacity. As I have told you is the limited factors the thickness of the Heatspreader and the heat transfer from DIE to the Heatspreader.

Jasonk

Hi,

an second radiator won´t give you so much more cooling capacity. As I have told you is the limited factors the thickness of the Heatspreader and the heat transfer from DIE to the Heatspreader.
So instead of spending money on more radiators/aoi's I would be better off spending the money to delid and get direct die cooling. Or save more and just get a contact plate and hope that drops temps 5-10*. Sound about right? Would more radiators help if I went direct die or is there just no point in having more than 420mm of radiator on this chip?

Also can you tell me do the aurora lights lose their color over time or are they just not very saturated to begin with?

Attachments

• Capture+_2023-04-06-07-21-31-1.png
    Capture+_2023-04-06-07-21-31-1.png
    935.7 KB · Views: 2

guts69

You got shit fan from alphacool with bad static pressure
get real fan from good brand like noctua or arctic
get contact frame
and look for good contact

Jasonk

You got shit fan from alphacool with bad static pressure
get real fan from good brand like noctua or arctic
get contact frame
and look for good contact
Would cooler master fans be good (would match the rest of my case)? I thought I read some of the fan mounting holes don't match up with some other brands.

guts69

just be sure to match the good size
i would go for

ARCTIC P14 PWM PST or P12​

depend of your radiator if he take 140 mm or 120
they exist in rgb also and the price is like 3 time less for good performance just watch video about it
good luck for refund your usless fan ( i got the same problem )

Jasonk

just be sure to match the good size
i would go for

ARCTIC P14 PWM PST or P12​

depend of your radiator if he take 140 mm or 120
they exist in rgb also and the price is like 3 time less for good performance just watch video about it
good luck for refund your usless fan ( i got the same problem )
I was thinking I may jump 2 of them over to the corsair h110 on my other computer but I don't want to make it cool worse for some lights lol. Maybe if I use in a push pull config. That's assuming the corsair fans are any better.