3 year old Eisbaer 360 seem to be having issues cooling

Luis M

Hi I bought an Eisbaer 360 in Aug 30th, 2017, and like a month ago I noticed the fans almost always at full speed and temperatures started to rise.

I have a i7 7700k (delided w/ LM) that would always sit around 25-30C Idle and tops at 80C on full load (running @5GHz w/ 1.3vcore).

Currently it's sitting around 35-40C Idle and reaches 100C leading to throttle under high loads in a matter of 2 minutes top.

I've re-applied LM between die/IHS and thermal paste for the cooler block, but without any effect.

I noticed 2 screw places on the backplate are broken (I must've tightened them too much) - I can still get the cooler to lock in place without any issues tho.

Pump is still working and reads around 2600 RPM. Are you able to provide me any help?

Thanks

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

as I already told you in my mail did you check the copper plate? After 3 Years the copper plate will be clogged when you never made any maintainance. Simply remove the 4 screws on the buttom and clean the plate with some distilled water and a soft tooth brush.

Luis M

Hello Vanzin!

Ok, I'll give that a try and report back with results. Thanks

- edit -

Vanzin THANK YOU! The amount of gunk I removed from the copper plate was absurd!

Back to 25C Idle and 65C tops under full load on aida64.

You can close the topic if you want, I'll report back if I encounter any issue.

Last edited: