3090 + Active backplate + 12700K

smk03

I purchased a Eiswolf 2 with the 360, and a Aurora Pro 280, I'm going to have to switch the 360 and 280 radiators due to my case layout, but with those two components 3090+12700K OC, and the active backplate cooler for the hot memory on the back of the 3090, will I have issues, with only a 360 and 280mm radiator?

Also, since I will have to disconnect the tubes at the radiators, what will the best/easiest way to refill this loop be?

Thank you.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
What do you want to switch your radiators to? It's not clear from your message! I think your water cooling must certainly dissipate a minimum of 500W of waste heat. The 360mm + 280mm radiator will do that! Not very silent, but it should work. It is not advisable to reduce the radiator cooling surface!

You can fill the system via the fill port of the Eisbaer or via the radiator of the Eiswolf 2.

smk03

Sorry, to clarify, due to my case layout, since the Eiswolf 2 comes with a 360mm radiator, I can only fit a 360mm radiator on the front, and a 280mm radiator on the bottom of my case.
So I believe I will need to switch the 280mm from the Eisbaer Aurora Pro I purchased, and connect it to the Eiswolf2, as on the Eisbaer only one line is quick detachable, and I am unsure of the ability of it to reach to the bottom of my case, where the 280mm radiator will go.

Also, is Eiswasser Clear compatible with this system?

Last edited:

Thomas_S

Staff member
The hose lengths have been chosen generously. Otherwise you will have to adjust the hoses to the length and replace them if necessary. But you can't do without radiator space with this hardware. I would rather do without the Eiswasser Clear for refilling. It's better to use Tec Protect 2 or Apex Eco Liquid.

Last edited:

smk03

Okay, thanks for your recommendation, I could only find Eisswasser Clear in stock. Tec Protect and Apex are out of stock near me. Would Eisswasser still be OK? Or should I just use distilled?

Thomas_S

Staff member
I would advise against it. The Eisswasser is UV-reactive, so it contains additives that can clog your system in the worst case. For systems in everyday use, the use of these liquids is not recommended. UV reactive & coloured liquids are rather something for showcases. When used, the water circuit must be cleaned/maintained frequently!

You can also use our Pure Water:

Distilled water should also suffice for refilling.