3090 Strix Easy Setup

robertpoche

Hi

I am a bit lost on the products since I am new to watercooling and there are a many variety of pumps / radiators etc.

Could you guys show me 1-2 sets of product combination examples to cool 3090 strix for overclocking?

I wish that there was an AIO but I think it wont be one for strix in the upcoming period.

Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Pump + Res depends on the space you have in your case. Doesn`t really matter wich one you choose. I would buy an DDC310 or VPP655/755 pump with a res that fits and you like. There are not big differences between them all. All of them are working ;-)
More interesting are wich tubes and fittings you like to use. I would prefere 12,7/6,7mm TPV tube with the plastik TPV fittings. I like them more than the metall ones because they are light and easy for mounting i am using them by myselfe. That parts are also parts for our Enterprise customers so they are proofed for a longlife term.

robertpoche

Thank you for the support.

I got a big case Cosmos 700P so I dont think that fitting will be an issue. I got 2 140ML fans on the bottom where I can fit my pump and reservoir on top of them if it fits or got a front radiator for CPU cooler with push pulls that I can attach the pump and reservoir.

*the Below combo product can be installed on the pull fans of front radiator as far as I understand; Can I also install it on top of bottom fans(140ML)?

*For tubes and fittings
and
for fittings 2 options: metal or normal which one do you recommend on this case? and how many do I need?

*apart from that I require a radiator to put to the top of the case;

*for fans do you think that I should go for ML120 pro rgb or another one(the case got 6 ML120 Pros but I value performance than looks)

*GPU block

for Coolant

I alread have my thermal paste and Is there anything else that I am missing? As I am a newbie with custom loops I am a bit afraid to make an error and mess Strix 3090 :(

Last but not least, Is there something like a kit to make the installation and itemization easier? maybe a pack for GPU similar to AIO but to make things easier?

Thank you for the answers beforehand.

Redulon

- You are able to mount the AGB directly on the Radiator, if you want.
Test it. If you have problems with vibration, or want some more distance u can use those:

Attachments

• Gummipuffer_de.pdf
    960 KB · Views: 5

Redulon

You will need 2 fittings for ever part. Installing will be easier if you use some 90 degree and sometimes 45 degree fitting.
I use models made from carton or Styrofoam. The exact dimensions u can find in the datasheets in the shop.
Mark the position of the fittings and look how it will fit the best.

Tinted liquids have to be changed more frequently.

Mind an exit port, to release the fluid of your system.

There is no required sequence for Blocks and Radiators. The Radiators should be placed something like this.
Pump/AGB - Blocks - Radiators... Or any combination of this.
So u can use x-flow radiators, to use shorter tubes to connect the parts.
Try to find a combination / positions to go in straight lines and with short tubes.

There is no orientation required on the radiators. If the fittings of your front radiator are at the bottom, u can use the additional port at the back of the v. 2 radiator as an additional filling port.

robertpoche

I see

I think I can also put the pump and reservoir in 3 fashions. on top of fan, plugged to radiator, or right side of the case as shown in the image. maybe right side is better, I dont know if the screws will fit ? :(

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20201105_115301_LI-min.jpg
    InkedIMG_20201105_115301_LI-min.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 7

robertpoche

You will need 2 fittings for ever part. Installing will be easier if you use some 90 degree and sometimes 45 degree fitting.
I use models made from carton or Styrofoam. The exact dimensions u can find in the datasheets in the shop.
Mark the position of the fittings and look how it will fit the best.

Tinted liquids have to be changed more frequently.

Mind an exit port, to release the fluid of your system.

There is no required sequence for Blocks and Radiators. The Radiators should be placed something like this.
Pump/AGB - Blocks - Radiators... Or any combination of this.
So u can use x-flow radiators, to use shorter tubes to connect the parts.
Try to find a combination / positions to go in straight lines and with short tubes.

The issue with fixed tubes is that I dont have enough experience and I am sure that I would make an error and order a shorter or longer tube which will mess the system :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Dont use Pastell Liquid for a normal running PC. You will get only trouble with it. Thats the reason why we are saying its only a show liquid. You cant use it over month only for 1-2 weeks than you have to flush everything. Pastel liquids will always be the worst idea for a normal system. We have a lot of customer who dont want to belive us and than they are crying after a few weeks because they dont wanted to listen to us.

Fittings: I like the plastic version much more than the metal version. Lighter, easier to use and i have always the feeling they are fitting better with the TPV tube. I am only using those fittings in all of my own PCs.

You can mount the EIsbecher directly with the fans on the radiator, thats not a problem. The screws are in the scope of delivery of the radiator (35mm screws). But i am not sure if you have enough space. Thats a shorter case. From the front to your GPU, you will need around 14 cm Space. 30 mm for the radiator, 25 mm for the fans and the rest for the reservoir.

And you need minimum 2 fittings for every part. For every cooler, radiator, reservoir.... always minimum 2 for IN and OUT.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can use any clear liquid (i prefere Tec Protect) or any clear colored liquid. Only not pastell!

Redulon

And I would really test the required space.
I had a Cosmos Tower, too. There is limited space for an nice custom loop.
If you choose a separate pump and AGB combo, it could be better to find a nice position?
I switched to a design R6 and now R7 XL...

robertpoche

the gap between fan and the card is 9.5CM, i think it will be ok. also the card has a huge casefan, once it gots off, the gap will be around 11-12cm I think.