3900x with the 360 aurora

Maffixx

Hi,

Just ordered the aurora last night and wondering when you will get stock of them again?

Also do you have any benchmarks with the 3900x and what thermal paste you would recommend to keep the temps low, I usually build my PC's with the usual mx4 and liquid metal sparked an interest to me. Just wanted to see what others use.

Also which mounting orientation would you recommend? I currently have X3 140mm intakes on the front with X1 140 exhaust on the rear. On my current 360 I have X2 120 exhaust to the rear and x1 intake on the front this is mounted at the top. The case is a fractal design define S

Thank you ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hi,

because of Corona we have delivery problems in the moment. So we are not sure when we will get the AIO back on stock again. Can be 2 weeks, maybe 4 or in worst case maybe 6 weeks, sorry but we cant tell you an exactly date. Depends on customs, delivery companys (lot of things have changed in the last 2 month here). But some of our reseller have them on stock in the moment. Where are you from? Maybe we can tell you where you can get one faster.

If you ask 10 people wich configuration is better, you will get 10 different answers ;-) I prefere intake in the front and exhaust on the top and on the back. Dosn`t really matter how you mount it. Its simple.... you need an airflow in your case from one side to another side. And if you have any temperature problems, than the complete airflow is crap. Ok, an exhaust configuration will have some worse temperature than an intake configuration but the differences are very very small and ignorable. We are talking about 1-2°C .... if that is a problem, than the hole cooling configuration is usless (in my opinion).

We had different tests and reviews with AMD Ryzen but wich temperatures you will get..... dont know, depends on so many different things, it is impossible to tell you wich temperatures you will get. But you can take a look in the many reviews we linked in our shop. Maybe here you can get a feeling how good the Eisbaer Aurora is.

Thermal paste.... you can use the thermal paste wich is in the scope of delivery. It is a good thermal past. Samle like this: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/waermeleitmittel/17515/alphacool-xpx-1-thermal-grease-4g?c=20700
With 8,5 W/mk the performance is much better than with the most thermal pastes you can get on the market. ;-)

Maffixx

I'm currently in Germany (nothing to do so thought I would treat myself to a new build ?) I already bought one last night through you guys but if they have them in stock elsewhere that would be better, I have bought the 360 aurora.

Haha that is very true indeed! I've seen some good results from a few reviews of the lt360 and the 360 but the larger base plate of the aurora made me go with that, but the modular systems are always best for when I expand to a GPU block too!

And thank you for the link for the thermal paste, do you do liquid metal too? Or is that to come in the near future?

Thank you

Maffixx

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sorry, i checked some of our resellers.... Eisbaer Aurora 360 is sold out everywhere in the moment. ?

Sure we have liquid metal:
But it is also sold out in the moment ?

If you like to get a GPU block... wait 4-5 weeks.... there is a new thing coming ?

Maffixx

I can wait ? just glad the 3900x ships with a cooler and I'm not stuck with an intel equivalent ?

Haha it seems to be the case everywhere regarding stock!

I've bought a xfx 5700xt thicc ultra iii to go with the new build will your new product be compatible with this? If so I will definitely wait!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yeah, the AMD Wrait cooler is much better than the Intel Boxed cooler.

I am not sure if we will make an Eiswolf 2 cooler for your card. In the moment we have only a normal water block for it:

But the Eisbaer Aurora Pump is strong enough to connect a normal water block in your loop. So... you have some options ;-)