3970x Cooling Advice

Ubermaki

Hello Everyone

I have been trying to get the answer about the best cooler for 3970x cpu, but it gave me so much headache. I don't want to build custom loop because I have zero experience in that arena, so I really don't want to risk it. Instead, I want to go with some kind of premade solution.
I was looking at AlphCool Eisbear 360, and Eisbear Extreme solutions, but could't not find any benchmarks to see how will it perform.
At this moment I am more interested in Extreme version. It looks like a powerful and silent cooler that will be able to cool 3970x, but I need some kind of advice from someone more experienced in water cooling arena, as this would be my first water cooling.

Is there someone with the knowledge about how Eisbear Extreme cooler will perform with 3970x cpu?

Thanks

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, the Eisbaer systems are equiped with the XPX blocks and the surface of the blocks are not big enough to cover the entire CPU. Therefore we have devoloped the new CPU block which is perfect for the new Ryzen CPU,s. But not as AIO :(

Ubermaki

Ok, good to know. Thank you for the response. I think I will give up on AIO and just build a custom loop :)

Thanks

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
You are welcome :) Btw. optimaized blocks for the Ryzen are on the links below:

smog4ik

Hi, the Eisbaer systems are equiped with the XPX blocks and the surface of the blocks are not big enough to cover the entire CPU. Therefore we have devoloped the new CPU block which is perfect for the new Ryzen CPU,s. But not as AIO :(

Hi there! Do you also have plans to release updated blocks for new AM4 Ryzen CPUs (e.g. 3900x, 3950x)? What about updated AIOs?
If you would update Eisbaer LT240 AIO with better 3rd gen Ryzen support - I would buy it in a blink of an eye :)

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey, we working hard on it to bring the AIO with the bigger surface block as soon as possible to the market. Two of our CAD drawer are working on it already. I only can not say for now when we will have them on stock but as mentioned before very soon :)

smog4ik

Hey, we working hard on it to bring the AIO with the bigger surface block as soon as possible to the market. Two of our CAD drawer are working on it already. I only can not say for now when we will have them on stock but as mentioned before very soon :)

Wohoo, thanks a lot for a quick reply! Subscribed to the newsletter :)

qm20500

Hi,

I am also waiting on the "update" version of the extreme 280 black editon fo the threadripper 3970x...but why not only exchange the xpx block for the u1 pro?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
@qm20500
Because we are working on a real Trheadripper AIO solution. Makes no sense to make an update for the Extreme Edition if its in 2-3 month EOL.

bufulo

Will the new CPU cooling plate fit the Eisbaer LT pump? The stock plate is large enough but my understanding is that the cooling fins/pins/structures on the inside are not placed as well as they could be for the latest Ryzen CPUs with more chiplets (like 3950x, for example).

f13dfx

Have these updates been implemented in the current stock of Eisbaer LT240s? I've been back & forth with Alphacool Tech Support and haven't really gotten a difinitive answer :(

The latest reply that I got was that "The Eisbaer LT has a normal bottom which is not a special version for the Ryzen" which leads me to believe that these updates & futures have not been implemented. There has been mention of an "Eisbaer Pro AIO" due in 2-3 months, which is probably what these updates will end up being; meaning more expensive :(. I am particularly interested only in the LT240 because of the size & fit for my project.

Can some of you users who have purchased the current Eisbaer LT240s comment please. This is getting frustrating :(

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Have these updates been implemented in the current stock of Eisbaer LT240s?
No this updates will only be available for the new LT. Like bigger cooling surfacee of the cold plate etc. We are coming out with the LT in 2 to 3 months.

Tived

Hello Everyone

I have been trying to get the answer about the best cooler for 3970x cpu, but it gave me so much headache. I don't want to build custom loop because I have zero experience in that arena, so I really don't want to risk it. Instead, I want to go with some kind of premade solution.
I was looking at AlphCool Eisbear 360, and Eisbear Extreme solutions, but could't not find any benchmarks to see how will it perform.
At this moment I am more interested in Extreme version. It looks like a powerful and silent cooler that will be able to cool 3970x, but I need some kind of advice from someone more experienced in water cooling arena, as this would be my first water cooling.

Is there someone with the knowledge about how Eisbear Extreme cooler will perform with 3970x cpu?

Thanks
Hi
i am waiting for my 3960x was going to be 3970x but... i am intending to use one or two extreme 280 unit, in a single loop, I’ll try with one first. I have replaced the cpu block with a full size for the Threadripper, in my case I have chosen the Optimus Absolute Threadripper 3+ but the Pro version here should be good too, in the above link.

I think the good part of the Alphacool system is that it can be expanded, provided you have the room. I am a novice at water cooling, this is my first step.
i Hope to have an answer for you before Xmas

h