5800X 3D temperatures

Halmy

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and watercooling :)

I did my first custom loop a few days ago and was wondering if the temperatures of my cpu are fine

Loop order:
- Alphacool Eisbecher Aurora D5
- Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-A Radeon RX 6800(XT)/6900XT Red Devil
- Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 280mm Radiator V.2 + 2X Noctua NF-A14 PWM
- Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
- Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm Radiator V.2 + 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM

The GPU temperatures are amazing, 36c on idle and 54c full load with an overclocking applied
However the CPU temperatures are pretty much on par with what I had before on a Noctua NH-U14S, idle around 46c, full load 80c, maybe 1c-2c less than the Noctua at best.

Is it because the GPU is in the same loop so the CPU has more heat transferred through it or could it be something else?
FYI I checked the waterblock already and redid the paste making sure it was thin and the screws well tightened.
I'm still very happy about the switch if only for the GPU and noise level very low but I'm curious about it.

Thanks for any information about the cpu!

Last edited:
Aquacomputer GTX1080, cpu cooler 3800X; Alphacool 280, 240; expensive fans, 200ml resorvoir, flow meter, DDC, but with downclock+PBO tuning (not curve).
Still 65°C NFSU2, 83°C Cinebench R23 multicore, after long desktop waiting 41°C, UEFI 41°C, everytime worse benchmark results.
Stock+XMP up to 75°C in NFSU2 and max 88°C.
One way much lower PBO setup reaches 91°C.
How can I possibly get more than 39°C in the UEFI setup? Water temperature close to 40°C, SYS closing up to 50°C, RAM up to 77°C, but no asthma computer case. Do I really have to put a 5900X in, because it has split CCD and PBO2?
My result is worse, than some bad 120mm aio.
The gpu should not heat up synthetic cpu benchmarks.

Last edited: