Advice for Purchasing Watercooling Set for Gigabyte AORUS GV-R69XTAORUSX WB-16GD AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT

foolishboy

Greetings Alphacool and members!

this is my first time building an extendable watercooling loop for a graphics card that I bought, which is a Gigabyte Aorus AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT WB, that already has pre-built waterblock.

I would like to combine the cooling for both my CPU (i9-9900) and GPU with this Alphacool Eisbaer LT 240mm within a a4 H2O mini-itx case.

From this post, i learn that it is possible to do so, so i'd just wanna confirm if this project is doable, and if i could just buy the items from alphacool based from that post alone, or if i forgot some other things to consider, or if i need some other stuff to buy.

There is also a tutorial on refilling/top-upping the Eisbaer LT. Would this be enough?

Many thanks for your help and enlightenment!

Regards,
A newbie :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can do this basically the same way as explained in the other thread. BUT.... cooling an i-9900 and a 6900XT with only one 240mm radiator is brave. That's about 400W of waste heat you want to cool with a single 240mm radiator. That will only work with very high speed fans. This will be a really loud system. A 360mm radiator would be the minimum I would recommend for that much waste heat. I don't recommend you try it with a single 240mm radiator.

foolishboy

Hi Eddy.

thanks for your prompt reply. Now that you've mentioned it, I may need to reconsider this and give it a second thought. Might probably consider buying another case :D. Nonetheless, thanks for confirming!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I'm sorry I threw your plans out the window. But I just can't recommend this in good conscience. In the small case it will also be difficult with firn air supply to the radiator. We have already had some customers who have built up so similar with a 240mm radiator in similar cases and in the end, the fewest were satisfied with it because of the noise that arises.

foolishboy

No apology necessary. I really appreciate the honesty and concern! I'll probably come back with some other questions once i've tweaked my plans. Many thanks!